Best makes for first car?

Watch
jelloie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’m trying to get my driving license and a car within this year so I need to be seriously saving up. Any thoughts on the best ‘first car’ car? Atm I quite like the Hyundai i10. Ideally costs below 7k, good economically and safe pls
Debs25
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by jelloie)
I’m trying to get my driving license and a car within this year so I need to be seriously saving up. Any thoughts on the best ‘first car’ car? Atm I quite like the Hyundai i10. Ideally costs below 7k, good economically and safe pls
We had an i10 for 7 years and it was fantastic for our daughter to drive. Long warranty and cheap to run too. Very reliable. Have had far more problems with my VW!!
User198786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Toyota Yaris
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by jelloie)
Skoda Citigo - cheap to insure, easy to drive.
virgil1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Skoda Citigo - cheap to insure, easy to drive.
Citigo is a really fun car to drive. I used to run a couple of vRS’s and I often got a citigo as a loaner - totally different but a proper “itailian” type small car you drive until the pistons come out through the bonnet.

The sister cars are most likely much the same the VW UP! and Seat Mii.

The Citroen C1, Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107 (same platform) aren’t as nice to drive but are generally super cheap to insure.

Something a bigger is obviously going to be more expensive to run but I know a number of people who seem happy enough with corsas and fabias. The fiesta is a lovely car to drive but can be fairly expensive to insure for younger folks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (527)
51.31%
No (500)
48.69%

Watched Threads