classical civ or history for gcse??

Watch
greenthing
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
i am in year 9. i was supposed to submit my gcse choices two or three weeks ago, but have been given a bit of an extension because i explained to my head of year that i don't know whether or not i want to do history or classical civilizations. i am fairly confident in my other choices; art, dt and spanish. i don't want to do any more than 4 gcses (of my choice, not including the sciences, english and maths), and want to do one humanities subject, one language, and have art and dt be my other two. i can't decide between history and classical civ. i have even spoken individually with the teachers for each subject, and they both gave me example gcse tests so that i could see what kind of questions we would be asked, and yet i still can't decide. please help! which one is more enjoyable? which one is less time consuming? which one is easier? which one is more interesting? i am desperate for help
blobfish123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
do history it looks better
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
perhaps look at the specifications for both to see what'll be covered in the courses? both are somewhat similar but definitely have noticeable differences.
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I dont think either is easier and both are pretty time consuming. You are the only one who can decide which one you would find more interesting. However, History definitely is a lot more broad and is a facilitating subject so bare that in mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (459)
51.4%
No (434)
48.6%

Watched Threads