Lockdown will end - Everything back to normal in June?

Watch
Poll: Will everything be back to normal in May?
Yes (0)
0%
No (15)
100%
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Is anyone watching the coronavirus update? Apparently things are going back to normal by no later than middle of May. Back to school in a few weeks and phased opening of non-essential stores, socials etc. after that. everything should be back to normal by no later than 17th May apparently.

UPDATE: Another update: all social restrictions will be lifted by 21st June. Night clubs, pubs, venues, weddings etc.

If anyone's interested, Boris Johnson is outlining it here right now - video source:

UPDATE: Face-to-face teaching by 8th March - Gov UK source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...penfrom8-march

UPDATE: Social restrictions being lifted by 21st June - source: https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-22/...p-announcement
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 5 days ago
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
my school is talking about just going back to normal next year instead of the rest of this year....
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
my school is talking about just going back to normal next year instead of the rest of this year....
Apparently schools and colleges / unis will be back to normal in a few weeks. They're doing some sort of phased plan - March, April and then May (almost everything back to normal everywhere).
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Apparently schools and colleges / unis will be back to normal in a few weeks. They're doing some sort of phased plan - March, April and then May (almost everything back to normal everywhere).
US or UK?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
US or UK?
UK... Boris Johnson is the prime minister in the UK. Joe Biden is the U.S president.

This is primarily a UK based forum.
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
UK... Boris Johnson is the prime minister in the UK. Joe Biden is the U.S president.
I mean yeah but where im from in the US they are talking about just starting over fresh next school year
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Another update: all social restrictions will be lifted by 21st June. Night clubs, pubs, venues, weddings etc.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Oh, this is only for England... Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are an unknown.
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oh, this is only for England... Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are an unknown.
ok
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
BoJo said he doesn't want to go into another lockdown, but isn't able to outright deny this won't happen.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Schools and universities will be allowed to go back to normal by June. That doesn't mean they will, often universities will be far more cautious than the government and many schools are being extremely careful with social distancing measures etc. especially to protect its own staff - since Teacbers are not a priority for the vaccine.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Schools and universities will be allowed to go back to normal by June. That doesn't mean they will, often universities will be far more cautious than the government and many schools are being extremely careful with social distancing measures etc. especially to protect its own staff - since Teacbers are not a priority for the vaccine.
BoJo is saying by 8th March, we will have face-to-face teaching again (in England). Unfortunately Wales is an unknown.

Gov UK source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...penfrom8-march
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
BoJo is saying by 8th March, we will have face-to-face teaching again (in England). Unfortunately Wales is an unknown.

Gov UK source: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...penfrom8-march
"Face to Face teaching" and "back to normal" aren't the same thing. In October I was teaching with a visor on my face, unable to cross a piece of tape on the floor of a classroom. That is what I expect to be doing until the summer at the very least.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
"Face to Face teaching" and "back to normal" aren't the same thing. In October I was teaching with a visor on my face, unable to cross a piece of tape on the floor of a classroom. That is what I expect to be doing until the summer at the very least.
It sounding like it's all gonna be fine, they will do tests twice a week for all the students and should all be okay. I think this is a bit optimistic tbh, they are still advising that for working people they should continue to work from home...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wales will follow England, they have been in step for the most part or a bit more cautious.

NI will follow England.

Scotland is more interesting because until the second wave Sturgeon largely copied England but two weeks later to feign reckless Boris however since last Autumn she's tended to gamble more aggressively than England and she may well do so.

I think back to normal is a bit of a misnomer though, stuff like masks and tier 1 type stuff will probably stay for a year or so. The economy at least should be let loose the end of furlough aside.

With two loads of council seats (about 6500) up for grabs though I think we can all agree that the timing for Boris could not be better. Far from a major threat, this could be a massive boon to his fortunes.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
Wales will follow England, they have been in step for the most part or a bit more cautious.

NI will follow England.

Scotland is more interesting because until the second wave Sturgeon largely copied England but two weeks later to feign reckless Boris however since last Autumn she's tended to gamble more aggressively than England and she may well do so.

I think back to normal is a bit of a misnomer though, stuff like masks and tier 1 type stuff will probably stay for a year or so. The economy at least should be let loose the end of furlough aside.

With two loads of council seats (about 6500) up for grabs though I think we can all agree that the timing for Boris could not be better. Far from a major threat, this could be a massive boon to his fortunes.
If they're saying that by 21st June, all social restrictions will be lifted - including places like night clubs, pubs, weddings etc. then I don't see what wearing masks will make any difference?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If they're saying that by 21st June, all social restrictions will be lifted - including places like night clubs, pubs, weddings etc. then I don't see what wearing masks will make any difference?
I'm suggesting it will likely be a false dawn. As alluded to I can see potential restrictions next winter if only out of fear.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It sounding like it's all gonna be fine, they will do tests twice a week for all the students and should all be okay. I think this is a bit optimistic tbh, they are still advising that for working people they should continue to work from home...
They've been optimistic for 11 months, and made poor decisions in my personal view for the majority of that time.
There is plenty of scientific evidence to say that wearing masks reduces transmission.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
They've been optimistic for 11 months, and made poor decisions in my personal view for the majority of that time.

There is plenty of scientific evidence to say that wearing masks reduces transmission.
Yeah masks make a difference I know that, not a conspiracy theory nutcase lol. I meant that, in nightclubs for example and social settings where people are exchanging fluids and touching each other I don't see the point of masks?

Sources coming in for the 21st June social restrictions being lifted: https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-22/...p-announcement
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah masks make a difference I know that, not a conspiracy theory nutcase lol. I meant that, in nightclubs for example and social settings where people are exchanging fluids and touching each other I don't see the point of masks?

Sources coming in for the 21st June social restrictions being lifted: https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-22/...p-announcement
I'll repeat the phrase used by Chris Whitty when asked sometime last year about the effectiveness of social distancing, masks etc...
Anything helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (515)
51.29%
No (489)
48.71%

Watched Threads