Emotional detachment? Can’t feel anything anymore?

Watch
username4041034
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hii
Never mind this I was just feeling down
Spoiler:
Show

Last edited by username4041034; 5 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Veroveroverovero)
Hii
So over the past two years approximately I’ve been going through a lot emotionally (like a lot of other people rlly). I moved to a new country on my own, new school, stressed out over various things (rlly bad self esteem), recently had quite tough family problems. Ever since about a year ago, I’ve noticed I can rarely let my emotions out and cry when I’m feeling sad. Unless it’s like rlly basic stuff like school or boys idk I just don’t feel anything. Like I know I’m supposed to feel sad or angry or idk anything else but it’s like my emotions have just left for good. And the weirdest thing is, for example, say something bad happened this morning (it did ahah), something that like everyone around me would expect me to be sad about, I’d just become slightly hysterical and laugh it off with my friends, making fun of it etc. And then hours later I would just start crying about it in the middle of a conversation, while not even thinking about it. I woke up tonight and started crying, almost had a panic attack. I’m also struggling with a lot of intrusive thoughts, which i think are there to keep me distracted. I don’t know what to do anymore I want to feel sad at the right times again, what is happening to me? Thank you so much in advance
I feel the exact same way you do...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.38%
No (609)
50.62%

Watched Threads