Do you guys plan on firming KCL?
yes!
zettelaca
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys.

I was fortunate enough to receive an offer yesterday, which I was thrilled about.

However, I also hold an offer at another uni, and am struggling to choose between the two.

I was wondering if people could share why they applied to King's (if they wanted to). Hopefully that would help to me gain some other perspectives.

Thanks very much in advance, really appreciate it.
wilshambe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zettelaca)
Hi guys.

I was fortunate enough to receive an offer yesterday, which I was thrilled about.

However, I also hold an offer at another uni, and am struggling to choose between the two.

I was wondering if people could share why they applied to King's (if they wanted to). Hopefully that would help to me gain some other perspectives.

what’s the other uni? it might be easier to answer if we know what we’re comparing kings to
sophia28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user3005)
hi! congrats where else are you waiting to hear back from!
hey! congrats to you too!! I'm waiting to hear from sheffield, manchester and newcastle. Where else have you applied and have you heard back?
velociti_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zettelaca)
Hi guys.

I haven’t decided on a firm choice yet as I haven’t heard back from everywhere. But I really like the course structure at King’s, you have quite early, regular placements starting in second year (yes some unis have placement in first year but most of the time they’re not on a regular basis and you don’t do much clinical stuff, whereas kings you do) with dissection in first year. It’s also got a really good rep for research and for producing really good surgeons, both things that interest me, ik that the uni you go to doesn’t matter for medicine but having somewhere known for good research is always a good thing imo.

Also the fact that it’s a very big university means the social side is apparently very good w lots of options for sports and societies, I think I read somewhere that it’s the biggest healthcare university in Europe but don’t quote me on that. I’ve always lived in London and know the area KCL is in quite well too and it’s really nice, campus is lovely etc.
zettelaca
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wilshambe)
what’s the other uni? it might be easier to answer if we know what we’re comparing kings to
Hi thanks for your response. The other one is Bristol. Cheers.
zettelaca
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by velociti_)
I haven’t decided on a firm choice yet as I haven’t heard back from everywhere. But I really like the course structure at King’s, you have quite early, regular placements starting in second year (yes some unis have placement in first year but most of the time they’re not on a regular basis and you don’t do much clinical stuff, whereas kings you do) with dissection in first year. It’s also got a really good rep for research and for producing really good surgeons, both things that interest me, ik that the uni you go to doesn’t matter for medicine but having somewhere known for good research is always a good thing imo.

Also the fact that it’s a very big university means the social side is apparently very good w lots of options for sports and societies, I think I read somewhere that it’s the biggest healthcare university in Europe but don’t quote me on that. I’ve always lived in London and know the area KCL is in quite well too and it’s really nice, campus is lovely etc.
Cheers for such a detailed response mate! Really helpful stuff here.
CokerCola
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Way too gassed to have made it here. Big up to u man that have made it here as well
CokerCola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Now I'm just tryna research if I want to make KCL my firm. I'm waiting for my post-interview results for the 2 other med schools I got interviews from and atm, I want to go them more than King's but I'm still undecided. Obv tho I'm so glad to have gotten an offer and in the grand scheme of things I don't mind where I go
BailsBach
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CokerCola)
Now I'm just tryna research if I want to make KCL my firm. I'm waiting for my post-interview results for the 2 other med schools I got interviews from and atm, I want to go them more than King's but I'm still undecided. Obv tho I'm so glad to have gotten an offer and in the grand scheme of things I don't mind where I go
What were your 2 other choices? Congrats btw on King's and welcome!!
username5639502
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CokerCola)
Well you’ve got an offer from Kings which is super competitive so I’m sure you smashed your other 2 interviews! It would have been nice to visit the unis to help make a decision but it is what it is!
user3005
Badges: 7
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sophia28)
hey! congrats to you too!! I'm waiting to hear from sheffield, manchester and newcastle. Where else have you applied and have you heard back?
im waiting to hear back from notts and ucl still ! good luck with the rest of your unis hope to see u at kings if u decide to firm ! x
CokerCola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BailsBach)
What were your 2 other choices? Congrats btw on King's and welcome!!
Thank you. My other 2 choices are UCL and Manchester
RetroKnight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone!
BailsBach
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RetroKnight)
Hi everyone!
Welcome and congratulations!!!! You planning on firming King's?
RetroKnight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BailsBach)
Welcome and congratulations!!!! You planning on firming King's?
Thank you!! I'm making it my insurance.
Charsimon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone congrats! I feel very lucky to have received an offer but was wondering if anyone knew my chances of being able to successfully defer it? thank you!
Pharmaboy97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, nice to finally be on this thread! I received my offer last week and I've just firmed my offer and stuff. Bit of a weird question but does anyone know if King's allows external intercalation or not? As in you going to another uni for a year for something that they don't offer
Rihlus21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, where can I find my KCL ID? I need it for registering for accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (197)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (564)
14.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (439)
11.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (537)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (193)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (233)
5.98%
Loneliness (329)
8.44%
Financial worries (143)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (153)
3.93%
Exposure to negative news/social media (175)
4.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (219)
5.62%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (350)
8.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (366)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed