Anyone suffer from OCD here?

Watch
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How’ bad’ is it?

I was watching OCD on channel 4 earlier and boy, these people live in absolute filth! I don’t know how because my skin was crawling just watching it. 😓

Yes, I’ve been diagnosed with OCD, and it’s quite extreme to the extent that I have to wipe down everything every couple of hours.

In one way, I’m glad I suffer from this because it makes be clean and neat. 😊

For me, I love being clean and hygienic not only that, all my clothes and all have to be in a certain order and colours in my drawer too.

Hope that explains it better.

(Sorry, I didn’t know where to post this question!).
Last edited by Thecrazydoughnut; 1 week ago
LordBerkut
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah, I have it bad. I really excessively use toilet roll, scrub my hands about 100 times a day surgeon style and get paranoid obsessions about things getting stuck in my lungs among other things. Seems to get worse when I'm stressed.

Went to a class once to manage it, my politics lecturer randomly ended up being there, and there was a woman who said she scrubbed her body until she bled every night because she was so paranoid about germs. She worked in a lab with viruses. Really unfortunate choice of job.
gruffskyblue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Our daughter (12) has been diagnosed with it and it's awful. Especially during these times.

We had her assessed with the Priory and they diagnosed her behaviour as OCD.

As a nation, we always use it in almost a comedy way by saying 'I'm OCD about certain things' but until someone has it, you don't realise how crippling it is. She has started to develop ticks as well. I certainly feel for you both. I think, like anything like this, it's talking about it and making people realise how much it affects mental health.
Katya_93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don't have it in excess but generally I'm quite annoyed when things aren't in proper order. Like cutlery in the right trays, books on shelves facing the right way, dirt on mirrors, things not stacked neatly. I have to just quickly fix them.
I don't mind clutter, I've lived with kids all my life but it's especially when I'm really annoyed or frustrated i'll angry clean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.5%
No (606)
50.5%

Watched Threads