Thestudent107SWC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello, Im just wondering what to do with my battery of my chromebook, the battery health is constantly decreasing, everyday it decreases by a little. I'm thinking this may be due to online school and all that as I just tend to use it alot more. Does anyone know how to preserve the battery health as I want to use this device for awhile thanks
Last edited by Thestudent107SWC; 6 months ago
Pyruvic Acid
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I believe prolonged and unnecessary episodes of charging can lead to lower battery life expectancy.
Thestudent107SWC
Rep:
?
(Original post by KaziMahathir)
I believe prolonged and unnecessary episodes of charging can lead to lower battery life expectancy.
Yes I also heard that, so I try to keep it 20-80 charge i’ve accidentally slipped up a few times but the times i’ve been consistent the battery health seems to drop the most
Thestudent107SWC
Rep:
?
Yeah I agree, but it also increases sometimes so im unsure. I've had it since last march and I doubt i'd be able to exchange it or anythin
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Thestudent107SWC)
Hello, Im just wondering what to do with my battery of my chromebook, the battery health is constantly decreasing, everyday it decreases by a little. I'm thinking this may be due to online school and all that as I just tend to use it alot more. Does anyone know how to preserve the battery health as I want to use this device for awhile thanks
Put it in battery saver mode, and dim brightness.

Whilst you’re not using the chrome book, put it on Aeroplane mode so that it conserves the battery for longer.
Thestudent107SWC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Put it in battery saver mode, and dim brightness.

Whilst you’re not using the chrome book, put it on Aeroplane mode so that it conserves the battery for longer.
Thanks for the tips will try
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Can you remove the battery and power it straight from the wall.

using it in the 80-20 % capacity range will reduce electrical stresses, as well as avoiding excessive operating temperatures which induce thermal stresses all of which contribute to storage capacity.

Id say try not to ultra fast charge it if possible but most power bricks have methods to avoid excessive C-rate.

realistically your best bet is replacing the battery at some point.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Your IT equipment should be a slave to you. You should not be a slave to IT.

Use your Chromebook however is most convenient to you. When the battery becomes so weak that it's a pain in the butt, replace it with a new one. They are not hugely expensive items and it should take you about 5 minutes to do the replacement.
Thestudent107SWC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Your IT equipment should be a slave to you. You should not be a slave to IT.

Use your Chromebook however is most convenient to you. When the battery becomes so weak that it's a pain in the butt, replace it with a new one. They are not hugely expensive items and it should take you about 5 minutes to do the replacement.
You are right
Thankyou
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,
The most important factors that lead to battery heath decreasing:
1) How many battery charge/discharge cycles the battery has: the more you use the battery, the less charge it will hold the next time. The only exception is if having a brand new battery, whereby a couple of cycles are needed to calibrate the battery meter.
2) The amount of battery percent remaining: deep discharging the battery down to less than 25% is not recommended, and anything less than 5% (especially 0%, when the laptop shuts itself off) will damage the battery (i.e. it will hold less charge).
3) The amount of power drawn whilst on battery power. More intensive tasks will draw more current and power from the battery, which in turn will add more wear and tear on the battery. This will result in not only a short runtime whilst on battery power, but also less capacity available on the next charge. This is why gaming on battery power (or anything intensive) is certainly not recommended - if your laptop has a power saver mode, use it!

Also, point #3 is actually the most important to bear in mind; #3 will have more of an impact on battery health than #2, and #2 more than #1.
The best recommendation: if you have a charger to hand, as well as a power supply within reach, use it on mains (especially video conferencing) - this will limit wear on the battery.

Hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads