Dropout looking to do an apprenticeship

Watch
eternal void
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does anyone have any advice how to write your personal statement on your CV if you've dropped out of uni and are now looking to do an apprenticeship? I have been out of uni for a couple of months and I haven't got any substantial experince. It's a really uncomfortable situation to be in and I would like to get on with it and start building my carrer finally doing something that I like, but i'm really anxious and uncertain about how to start since I've already been to uni (and for two years!!! not just one- I was pushing myself to finish it from the begining because 'pain is temporary but a degree is forever' lool but at some point just broke down and couldnt push myself further and dropped out, and yes I do regret not dropping out as soon as I knew it wasnt something I was intrested in). Please I would appreciate any advice and how to secure and apprenticeship and how to best explain myself and my 'non-commitemnt' towards university because I dont want to be seen as flaky. Thank you!
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dropping out implies that you’ve lost your career direction, or may not be confident on where you want to go.

Use your personal statement to detail your direction and aspirations. Show the reader you’ve changed, not lost, your sense of direction. The personal statement is typically personalised for each role/position you apply for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (649)
48.4%
No (692)
51.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed