mathsgenielols
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
hi this is a question directed more towards those who got their gcses last year. as someone who is also going to get teacher assessed grades this year (maybe largely based around mocks??) i wanted to ask how different your mock grades were to the gcses you received. i just wanted to get clarity of how much your final grade can actually change from mocks under these circumstances. i understand that there is going to be less grade inflation this year but i would still like some insight because i still have no clue how i’m going to get my final grade. for reference, i got 7777777755 in my mocks. i’m aiming for around 9998888777 in my actual gcse. do you think that’s possible if i put the effort in?
Last edited by mathsgenielols; 5 days ago
student146290
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by mathsgenielols)
hi this is a question directed more towards those who got their gcses last year. as someone who is also going to get teacher assessed grades this year (maybe largely based around mocks??) i wanted to ask how different your mock grades were to the gcses you received. i just wanted to get clarity of how much your final grade can actually change from mocks under these circumstances. i understand that there is going to be less grade inflation this year but i would still like some insight because i still have no clue how i’m going to get my final grade. for reference, i got 7777777755 in my mocks. i’m aiming for around 9998888777 in my actual gcse. do you think that’s possible if i put the effort in?
I got my results last year and it was what I expected really, I’m no where near the 7,8 and 9s level I’m the average 4s and 5s (I’m thick). I got awful mock results because I didn’t try or revise however you can still get a good grade depending on your contribution in the particular subject. For example I never tried in maths and therefore received a 3 which was still higher than I expected as I got 1s in the mocks and in English I got bad mock results but still got a 5 because I worked hard and contributed in the lesson. I’m pretty sure they up your predicted grade by 1 or 2 as it’s special circumstances. Pretty sure they also take into account attendance and standard of work in lessons etc. Good luck anyway you will be fine!
kiraaaaaxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by student146290)
I got my results last year and it was what I expected really, I’m no where near the 7,8 and 9s level I’m the average 4s and 5s (I’m thick). I got awful mock results because I didn’t try or revise however you can still get a good grade depending on your contribution in the particular subject. For example I never tried in maths and therefore received a 3 which was still higher than I expected as I got 1s in the mocks and in English I got bad mock results but still got a 5 because I worked hard and contributed in the lesson. I’m pretty sure they up your predicted grade by 1 or 2 as it’s special circumstances. Pretty sure they also take into account attendance and standard of work in lessons etc. Good luck anyway you will be fine!
hi my target grades are all 3s and i really want to go to sixth form but did in my mocks in nvov/dec but never passed any soo im acc scared if i dont get the grades for gcse helppp

i struggle with english literature and maths but pls tell me how u revised and hope could i improve my grades please...........
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
we're all as clueless as you are until the government gives exact details on how teacher assessed grades will work. i think it'd be possible if you put the work in as teachers should be taking into more than just one set of mock results when predicting your grade but no guarantee really.
mathsgenielols
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by student146290)
ah okay thank you
student146290
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kiraaaaaxo)
hi my target grades are all 3s and i really want to go to sixth form but did in my mocks in nvov/dec but never passed any soo im acc scared if i dont get the grades for gcse helppp

i struggle with english literature and maths but pls tell me how u revised and hope could i improve my grades please...........
hi firstly don’t worry, I had the same worries when I was in your position last year. I am so thick its unbelievable, I got U’s in some mock subjects but the teachers understand that no one takes mocks seriously so you will be fine. I got U’s in my science mocks and the teacher gave me a 4 for the final grade. If you contribute in lessons and have good attendance then you will be fine. I ended up failing gcse maths but they give you the opportunity to re sit in college in November. I ended up passing the re sit with three weeks revision and I am unbelievably thick so you will be more than capable of passing your gcses if you put in effort for the remaining few months. It is not too late! For revision, doing past papers and watching walk throughs of them to understand how to do the questions does the trick. Then once your more comfortable after watching the walk throughs, see if you can attempt them on your own and count up your marks. Then highlight any topics you struggled on and then revise them. Watch corbettmaths videos on YouTube they are so helpful and then go to their website to answer example questions. Once you’ve revised a certain topic dont just move on read over it again to get it to sink into your brain. For English again do past papers and what I did was use copies of all the poems and watch walkthroughs of them again where people explain what they mean and then write all over them. Again keep going over them to get it to sink in. I know all of that sounds daunting and complicated but it’s smaller than it seems. Put in the effort now and rewards will come later. You can do it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.72%
No (450)
48.28%

Watched Threads