'verity your age' restriction on youtube

Watch
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
aHHHHH whenever i try watch a video on youtube it won't let me watch it until i 'verify my age'. yeah some of the videos could be deemed 'innapropriate' but most of them are not. how do i get rid of this?
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cheese toes)
aHHHHH whenever i try watch a video on youtube it won't let me watch it until i 'verify my age'. yeah some of the videos could be deemed 'innapropriate' but most of them are not. how do i get rid of this?
Make a youtube account through gmail
Megabat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lacrimosa1)
I second that. It never used to be an issue before Google brought YouTube, but now the only way to verify your age is by opening a Gmail account.
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It also asks for a picture of your driving license
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Megabat)
I second that. It never used to be an issue before Google brought YouTube, but now the only way to verify your age is by opening a Gmail account.
Yes. You need a phone number and you need to make your email and a password that no one can hack. I did it that way. Just heard replying to bot's comments on youtube can get your account hacked.
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Err, it shouldnt...
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It doesn't, this sort of thing only happens under suspicion of you being underage I think.
Last edited by _gcx; 2 weeks ago
Megabat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes. You need a phone number and you need to make your email and a password that no one can hack. I did it that way. Just heard replying to bot's comments on youtube can get your account hacked.
Google needs to send a verification code to your phone, you also need a username that is not taken, the same on here, and a strong password. You do not need to provide your drivers license, as that would be ridiculous. If you wish to leave comments, just sign up.
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hiro2468)
it also asks for a picture of your driving license
what in youtube's name's website have you been on. I am mind-blown. Maybe it's scammers/hackers
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
It doesn't, this sort of thing only happens under suspicion of you being underage I think.
It did for me but didn't for my other account?? I'm so confused?
Hiro2468
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what in youtube's name's website have you been on. I am mind-blown. Maybe it's scammers/hackers
Maybe? It didn't ask for it on my other account so I'm confused? They ain't getting no picture from me
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Maybe? It didn't ask for it on my other account so I'm confused? They ain't getting no picture from me
Send me link
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cheese toes)

I don't have a gmail account, I use a yahoo account for youtube and i have never had any problem with this verify age stuff. I mean once in a blue moon a msg might come up saying this video is age restricted please confirm you are over 18 or something. but once you click yes it goes away and there is no more trouble with it
Lacrimosa1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I don't have a gmail account, I use a yahoo account for youtube and i have never had any problem with this verify age stuff. I mean once in a blue moon a msg might come up saying this video is age restricted please confirm you are over 18 or something. but once you click yes it goes away and there is no more trouble with it
Who am I to judge. That's your way and I totally respect that.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Actually it does, I had it the other day even though I use google as my main form of everything including payments.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Actually it does, I had it the other day even though I use google as my main form of everything including payments.
That's funny, I've never been asked and it doesn't seem like a normal thing from Google's help pages
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
That's funny, I've never been asked and it doesn't seem like a normal thing from Google's help pages
Took me a while to find the page, had to sift through my history.

https://support.google.com/youtube/a...united-kingdom

All I wanted to watch was "Sweet are made of weebs" :lol:
FTheOpps
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Put you card details in and they verify it for you instantly
FTheOpps
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
It's a new feature they're slowly rolling out, you need to verify your age to watch age restricted videos
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads