Applying for an exception as an international mature student

Watch
tomberko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Two of the universities I'm applying to are asking to hold GCSEs in Maths and English alongside the Access to HE course (which I finished with higher score than they require).

If I send my application, can there be a scenario where they offer me a conditional place only if I take the GCSEs? (then, I'll take a GCSEs course and not pay for it for no reason) or will they just automatically reject my application?

Has anyone had a similar experience?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tomberko)
Two of the universities I'm applying to are asking to hold GCSEs in Maths and English alongside the Access to HE course (which I finished with higher score than they require).

If I send my application, can there be a scenario where they offer me a conditional place only if I take the GCSEs? (then, I'll take a GCSEs course and not pay for it for no reason) or will they just automatically reject my application?

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Ask the universities directly whether they will ever waive the gcse requirements for someone in your situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (54)
24.43%
Unhappy (59)
26.7%
Conflicted (108)
48.87%

Watched Threads