clknowles127
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi so i'm literally in the middle of having a full on meltdown. I've wanted to go to university to study paramedic science for as long as I can remember, and i'm literally becoming more and more disheartened by the day. Two out of the three universities which I have applied to, (Northampton and Bedfordshire) are actively looking for people with a full UK driving license, or at least a passed theory test, neither of which I have. My theory test was booked for August 2020, and has been pushed back 7 times because of COVID. It is currently booked in for April 9th, however after today's announcements I just know it's going to be cancelled again as theory tests aren't to resume until April 12th. I am absolutely gutted that something as simple as not having a pass might stop me from going to my dream university and studying something that I am passionate about, and I was even more gutted to find out that both uni's only take on 25 students a year, making me realise that I am more than likely not going to get a space. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way it could be possible to get an emergency theory test in this circumstance? I'm sure i'm not the only student panicking about this.
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by clknowles127)
Hi so i'm literally in the middle of having a full on meltdown. I've wanted to go to university to study paramedic science for as long as I can remember, and i'm literally becoming more and more disheartened by the day. Two out of the three universities which I have applied to, (Northampton and Bedfordshire) are actively looking for people with a full UK driving license, or at least a passed theory test, neither of which I have. My theory test was booked for August 2020, and has been pushed back 7 times because of COVID. It is currently booked in for April 9th, however after today's announcements I just know it's going to be cancelled again as theory tests aren't to resume until April 12th. I am absolutely gutted that something as simple as not having a pass might stop me from going to my dream university and studying something that I am passionate about, and I was even more gutted to find out that both uni's only take on 25 students a year, making me realise that I am more than likely not going to get a space. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way it could be possible to get an emergency theory test in this circumstance? I'm sure i'm not the only student panicking about this.
Have you reached out to your university options and explained your situation? I wouldn't be able to advise on emergency theory tests but you would think some exceptions could be made given the current circumstances.
BlueLightDriver
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by clknowles127)
If you have proof of your booked theory test (email, letter etc) then contact the uni now and explain the situation. It's not your fault it has been postponed and so the uni should be more lenient for it. You won't get an emergency theory test, but you could get a conditional offer that says you need to pass your theory by a certain date.

If you've only applied to 3 unis can you apply to more? You can add them to your UCAS form, although it would be as a late application (PQ might be able to advise more on this).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads