Hj5673
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am on a gap year so have the following confirmed places. Need help deciding.

Bath - Economics
Leeds - Economics
Nottingham- Industrial Economics

Which will be best to get into Investment Banking?
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Bath/Notts > Leeds.

Personally I'd pick the more broad Bath course over the concentrated Nottingham one.
Diplomatic
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For IB, either Bath or Nottingham would be best. I did Industrial Econ at Nottingham and doing a master's now at LSE, so can answer specific questions if you have any about the course/investment banking culture/how it compares to studying in London.
Hj5673
Rep:
?
(Original post by Diplomatic)
For IB, either Bath or Nottingham would be best. I did Industrial Econ at Nottingham and doing a master's now at LSE, so can answer specific questions if you have any about the course/investment banking culture/how it compares to studying in London.
Hi, thanks for the reply. What course are you doing your masters in? I am a bit concerned if the Industrial Economics course at Nottingham is going to limit my job prospects and opportunities when I graduate compared to the pure Economics course at Bath. How are you finding the job prospects after graduating from Nottingham, and do Investment Banks care much about the specific degree? I am worried if I am under achieving doing the industrial economics course at Nottingham as it is only AAB entry requirements compared to pure economics A*AA. Please let me know what you think
Hj5673
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonuser99)
Bath/Notts > Leeds.

Personally I'd pick the more broad Bath course over the concentrated Nottingham one.
Yeh I agree the course is definitely better at Bath, I am just concered about the nightlife and social scene at Bath, as I enjoy going out. I think Nottingham would suit me better, but the only issue is the course.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hj5673)
Yeh I agree the course is definitely better at Bath, I am just concered about the nightlife and social scene at Bath, as I enjoy going out. I think Nottingham would suit me better, but the only issue is the course.
I said in your second thread just take Nottingham then. The course is irrelevant for IB. But if you're really that hung up on it, Bristol is a 10-15 min train from Bath.
ShubhamAgarwal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Coventry University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Nottingham Trent University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.13%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
10.97%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.36%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.72%

Watched Threads