11SimoneM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I finish my A-levels this year but I already know my grades are going to be bad. I've been suffering a lot with myself trying to figure out what I want in life but I just can't and I know I'm nowhere near ready for university even if I did get the grades I need. Realistically I'm looking at a B in Hospitality, C in Media, and completely failing Chemistry. The main problem is I hate my A-levels and I really regret not leaving after year 12 to just do a media course at a college.

So expecting bad A-level grades, I've been trying to figure out what I can do ahead of time so on results day I'm not a complete mess. I have applied to university but even if a university accepts me, I know deep down that I'm really not ready for it and I don't even know if it's something I even want to pursue in the first place.

The only thing I'm even sure about is that I want a creative career like something in the Media industry. People are telling me to get an apprenticeship but there's rarely apprenticeships for that type of stuff especially in my location, and it's not like I can just move out and live in a different city.

I just feel like an absolute failure who's gonna have no qualifications and no clue what to do with their life or how to get there.
ali.yeah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, that sounds really tough, but i wanna start off by saying that this isn't something you cant change/grow from, so try not to be too hard on yourself.

what id do is probably take a gap year, and gain some experience in the field I want to go into, apart from that maybe look at resitting some papers like the chemistry paper. ask ur teachers if there is any way to bump up your grade. University is a huge investment and if you arent ready for it, its better to take a year off and figure out what you do wanna do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (633)
48.69%
No (667)
51.31%

Watched Threads