study tips to improve after struggling at a level

Watch
kbr1907
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
any tips on how to prove myself and grades when getting super behind with work, to hopefully to getting the best grades. I take maths, further maths, sociology

Thanks I attend to take computer science or some sort of engineering I still don't really know
Last edited by kbr1907; 1 week ago
ali.yeah
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i feel you, ive had the hardest time ever with finding the motivation to continue studying. what I suggest is maybe get on a call w your friends, stay muted and study together in silence. that way you all are getting work done. you can also write out your notes, verbalize the text, etc. i usually study for periods of 30mins-1 hour and then decide to go for a walk or maybe play some wii, it helps relax the mind
kbr1907
Rep:
?
(Original post by ali.yeah)
i feel you, ive had the hardest time ever with finding the motivation to continue studying. what I suggest is maybe get on a call w your friends, stay muted and study together in silence. that way you all are getting work done. you can also write out your notes, verbalize the text, etc. i usually study for periods of 30mins-1 hour and then decide to go for a walk or maybe play some wii, it helps relax the mind
It is isn't it, its the worst when everything is so unclear, i'm confident i'm a a student on average but i dont think that my teachers would give me if i don't have exams
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As an FYI, you need Physics to study engineering.
kbr1907
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paralove)
As an FYI, you need Physics to study engineering.
oh really, ive seen all the courses say its fine with just maths and further maths
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kbr1907)
oh really, ive seen all the courses say its fine with just maths and further maths
I mean you've posted this in the Cambridge forum and Cambridge definitely require physics see: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....es/engineering

It's quite common to require physics at a lot of unis particularly the top ones for engineering, or occasionally you need maths plus either of physics or chemistry, but I've not personally come across having double maths as fine (though, I've not exactly done tons of research, I've done my degree).

You also need to think what's the minimum requirements and what combinations also make you more competitive for a place; even if physics isn't required I wouldn't be surprised if most ppl have it anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (72)
12.29%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.23%
Live streaming events (51)
8.7%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.39%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.21%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.18%