Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2021

Watch
fanof7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by je0828)
Thanks for confirming, a possibility of an EO position without further interviews is still really promising. Hoping to hear back from DAS soon as I know it can still be a lengthy process time-wise.
Just a word of warning, last year a fair few had informal interviews for DAS places, but some didn't.
MaddyJoseph
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if you can get offered a HEO position if you scored less than 2 in one competency but got 10.8 overall? Thanks and good luck all - fingers crossed something comes through for us!
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve emailed to try to find out if DAS is running this year (I presume it is) and if there are any timescale for EOI to be sent out. I’m expecting the answers to be yes and we don’t know.
BristolWSE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Failed PD FSB and got 12.2 in the FSAC, they said in the email to me that I would in the running for HEO role and they would be in touch in "late spring" ...so here's to hoping they mean April and not May...way too much waiting and refreshing emails!
hello2311
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BristolWSE)
Failed PD FSB and got 12.2 in the FSAC, they said in the email to me that I would in the running for HEO role and they would be in touch in "late spring" ...so here's to hoping they mean April and not May...way too much waiting and refreshing emails!
Hi, well done! Did they say this to you in your FSB results email or did you email them asking about DAS first?
BristolWSE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hello2311)
Hi, well done! Did they say this to you in your FSB results email or did you email them asking about DAS first?
They said this when they gave me my scores for FSB and my feedback, which I received a few hours after the email to say I hadn't passed
Pilgrim123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BristolWSE)
Same as you, failed PD FSB and got that email too with them being in touch in 'late Spring'. Hopefully they won't be too long!
CalJacks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looking at others scores and knowing how competitive it was this year, think I might just be out of the running for DAS this time round with a score of 9.28 for the FSAC (PD). Will try to put it out my mind and not expect any email haha
Schmaris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CalJacks)
Looking at others scores and knowing how competitive it was this year, think I might just be out of the running for DAS this time round with a score of 9.28 for the FSAC (PD). Will try to put it out my mind and not expect any email haha
Looking at last year's scores for DAS, I'd still think you'd be in the running (they say anything above 8) as you did so well to get the FSAC - apparently 60k applied and only 4k went through to FSAC. When was your FSAC?
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve had a reply and they haven’t started looking a DAS yet but candidates who qualify will be contacted at a later date.
Traorc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CalJacks)
I got 9.08 so if you’re out the running I definitely am
Traorc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, does anyone know how flexible DAS is in terms of location? I live in the north of England and I’m a young carer and I failed the fsac I scored 9.08 but I’m hoping to get DAs but I can’t relocate at this time. Also if letters get sent out in July does that mean realistically you could do the summer internship then do DAS when it ends?
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think with DAS if your are eligible they send out an EOI to you and you tick what areas you are interested in and where in the country you can work.

I think with last years DAS some people were contacted about EO work Coach roles with the DWP so those would likely be nationwide.
Traorc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone who failed Fsac but had the summer internship as an option, do you know how long it takes for them to get back to you? I did my interview on the 24th but haven’t heard anything back . Person who interviewed me said that I showed a lot of passion and interest but the longer it takes, I’m a little worried I didn’t do well ?!
louderthanlove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just found out I failed for Commercial at FSB sadly. I'm absolutely devastated as that was the only scheme I was still in the running for. Would I still be in for a shot at a direct appointment even though there was no feedback and DAS was never mentioned? I got 11.13 at FSAC but I'm not sure if FSB performance counts - I'm not even sure if Commercial FSB was scored
Schmaris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by louderthanlove)
Just found out I failed for Commercial at FSB sadly. I'm absolutely devastated as that was the only scheme I was still in the running for. Would I still be in for a shot at a direct appointment even though there was no feedback and DAS was never mentioned? I got 11.13 at FSAC but I'm not sure if FSB performance counts - I'm not even sure if Commercial FSB was scored
I think it's just on the FSAC score but sorry to hear that - you should get a score with your feedback at some point. As far as I know, and looking at the first post of this thread you'll be in with a shot, the uncertainty is crap but you've done really well to get this far.
louderthanlove
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Schmaris)
I think it's just on the FSAC score but sorry to hear that - you should get a score with your feedback at some point. As far as I know, and looking at the first post of this thread you'll be in with a shot, the uncertainty is crap but you've done really well to get this far.
Thank you! Fingers crossed we all get something eventually
Traorc
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, this is totally unrelated, but I have a dream job for a EO role unrelated to DAS as I simply cannot take the stress of waiting that long. The competencies they are testing is making effective decisions, communicating and influencing and delivering at pace. I was hoping to see if anyone had really strong examples for those competencies that has worked for them that they were willing to share with me? It would greatly help me as I do struggle with the star technique I often just score 2/3’s but I really want to do well on this interview! Thank you
SkanPad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Traorc)
I often just score 2/3’s but I really want to do well on this interview!
No one is going to send you their examples. If you consistently get 2/3s, maybe you need to read the success profiles and redo you examples?
louderthanlove
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sure someone has asked this on the fast stream thread before but I can’t seem to find it - I’m also looking at other civil service roles in the meantime in case this doesn’t work out. By some luck if I got a role, does anyone know what the turn around time is from the application deadline to the start date? None of them seem to have start dates and I’m on a fixed contract job until 31/08
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads