Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2021

Watch
Andromeda12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CalJacks)
Just to let everyone know, I got an EOI email for EO level today. I assume I am one of the early ones because my score at FSAC (9.36) was comparatively low compared to what I've seen others have posted, but confirms they've sent out the first batch and that anyone above my score should hopefully get an EOI at some point. Good luck to you all!
Congrats! Hope they can find you a position swiftly haha 😇. Hears hoping more come onto the forums over the next few days.
Nw227
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just to let everyone know, I got an EOI email for EO level today. I assume I am one of the early ones because my score at FSAC (9.36) was comparatively low compared to what I've seen others have posted, but confirms they've sent out the first batch and that anyone above my score should hopefully get an EOI at some point. Good luck to you all!
Hey! Congratulations on the EOI, when did you do your FSAC and when did you find out your results?
racheleve123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Congrats and Same! I got 9.36 too! maybe that is the cut off for EO positions? I think it is higher that last year.

I have submitted my EOI form this morning.
Last edited by racheleve123; 3 days ago
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Congrats to those getting EO EOIs!
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Inside Worker)
1. The DAS goes from the top and bottom simultaneously. HEO and EO are two different recruitment streams, so EO start at the bottom and HEO start from the top and send EOI’s until they meet in the middle. This is why people with lose AC scores may get a form before you. Do not panic.

2. The DAS only allocate you a department, it is then the departments responsibility to get in contact with you.

3. Departments do not receive your AC score, so they are only aware of the details on your EOI Form. You are not matched to roles in order of score on your EOI.

4. The DAS do not seem to recruit based on experience. I have project management experience and neither of my allocated roles were for project jobs. I saw posts on the forum about people getting project jobs with no experience. My favourite one was that someone was complaining about the lack of experience they had for a Fisheries policy role, and someone replied saying they hadn’t been matched yet despite having a degree in marine biology.

5. Some people’s processes may be faster than yours. The speed at which you are hired is completely down to the department. Most are generally slow so don’t get disheartened if other people are being hired faster than you.

If anyone has any questions about the scheme I’d be more than happy to answer
If people are getting EOIs with 9.36 then this suggests that based on Insideworkers message that 9.36 may be the lowest to get EOIs. From what I remember last year is that HEO EOIs went out about 2 weeks later.
MJGE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Congrats to those who have recieved EOIs so far!

Any chance you can fill us in on what the options are in terms of preferences for areas of work (e.g. policy etc.)?
CalJacks
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Nw227)
Hey! Congratulations on the EOI, when did you do your FSAC and when did you find out your results?
Thank you! I did my FSAC on the 17th of Feb and found out I had failed like two days later. So again it's quite obvious I'm at the 'bottom of the pile' in terms of EOI threshold, other might be waiting a while as they work their way up and down the FSAC scores
CalJacks
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by MJGE)

Any chance you can fill us in on what the options are in terms of preferences for areas of work (e.g. policy etc.)?
Thanks! It's similar to the Fast Stream Schemes, so Policy, Finance, Digital, Communications, Project Delivery, Legal etc
racheleve123
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by MJGE)

hi, these are the areas I could choose from
❏ Finance
❏ Digital, Data and Technology
❏ Communications
❏ Legal
❏ Science and Engineering
❏ Social Research
❏ Human Resources
❏ Operational Delivery
❏ Policy
❏ Project Deliver
Han-Tr7inor
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi, I got my email this morning too, this was really exciting as I knew nothing about DAS prior. It has come at a great time as a couple weeks ago I received a provisional offer for a work coach role however, last week was informed in now in a reserves list which is slightly annoying. Are we pretty much guaranteed a job out of this once we have returned our cv and EOL? How does it work I’m not entirely sure!
Inside Worker
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Devondumpling)
If people are getting EOIs with 9.36 then this suggests that based on Insideworkers message that 9.36 may be the lowest to get EOIs. From what I remember last year is that HEO EOIs went out about 2 weeks later.
Yeah based on that 9.36 will probably be the cut off point, so congrats to people who scored above that. They may go lower later in the process but I’d be surprised due to the amount of people who still weren’t placed from last years DAS
Inside Worker
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Han-Tr7inor)
Hi, I got my email this morning too, this was really exciting as I knew nothing about DAS prior. It has come at a great time as a couple weeks ago I received a provisional offer for a work coach role however, last week was informed in now in a reserves list which is slightly annoying. Are we pretty much guaranteed a job out of this once we have returned our cv and EOL? How does it work I’m not entirely sure!
Funnily enough I didn’t get my second allocated role (which was good because it led to me getting my actual job outside the DAS) because they had to go to someone in the reserve list. Apparently that gets 1st treatment above DAS
bethanylauryn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi everyone ! I also received an EOI form this morning. I scored 9.45 at the assessment centre for the generalist scheme so assume I am at the lower end as well as I appear to have been in the first batch of emails sent out. Good luck everyone !!
Last edited by bethanylauryn; 3 days ago
dirtyrodrigez
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I applied to the statistical service for FS, but was confused to not see it on the list of departments on the EoI form - anyone know anything about this? I know they recruit with the same EO, HEO and SEO system, but maybe they don't partake in the DAS?
I got 9.37 for the record, so the 9.36 cut-off seems likely - phew!
Devondumpling
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
May ask what you have to return with your EOI form. Is it just an up to date CV you need to send? If so I should probably update my CV now and cross my fingers that I get an EOI!
dirtyrodrigez
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Devondumpling)
May ask what you have to return with your EOI form. Is it just an up to date CV you need to send? If so I should probably update my CV now and cross my fingers that I get an EOI!
Just your CV yeah. You have a week to send it so I wouldn't bother with your CV until if and when you get the email - unless you need to update it regardless
competitive_golf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey guys! I received the EOI form this morning. Does anyone know the success rate of DAS? I know a few have already asked this but I can't see an answer. Maybe because no-one knows?

I've been applying to quite low levels jobs after numerous rejections and obviously I would rather a CS position. Should I cease applications and hope for the best with DAS??
Nw227
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by competitive_golf)
Hey guys! I received the EOI form this morning. Does anyone know the success rate of DAS? I know a few have already asked this but I can't see an answer. Maybe because no-one knows?

I've been applying to quite low levels jobs after numerous rejections and obviously I would rather a CS position. Should I cease applications and hope for the best with DAS??
Congrats! Not too sure about the success rate but I know most that get an EOI for EO get a place within 6 months.

What was your AC score?
chloen44
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi guys,

I got an email this morning too for an EO position. My FSAC score was 9.43 ☺️ pretty happy, but what are the odds of actually getting a role?
chloen44
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Matt-98-)
Thanks! My score was only 9.35, so definitely the low end. Am I right in think that the scores do not affect your chances of an offer?
I thought the positions were mainly given in merit order?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads