Can I get into University with A-Levels and Btecs?

Watch
eemilytt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im planning on taking a music course which is worth the same as 3 a levels, im also gonna study biology and chemistry a levels alongside it, can I still get into universities if I do the music course or will I have to drop it?
pwk123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you can but if you're doing 5 A Levels worth of content you will want to drop out by October
Tee_02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eemilytt)
Im planning on taking a music course which is worth the same as 3 a levels, im also gonna study biology and chemistry a levels alongside it, can I still get into universities if I do the music course or will I have to drop it?
You can absolutely get into university with both BTECS and A-levels. However, do you have an idea of what you are wanting to do after year 13? Those course choices are very very different. If you have an idea of what you may want to do when applying for uni in the future it would be good to kind of compare. Some universities may be specific in what BTEC you have done depending on the course you want to apply for.
eemilytt
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Tee_02)
You can absolutely get into university with both BTECS and A-levels. However, do you have an idea of what you are wanting to do after year 13? Those course choices are very very different. If you have an idea of what you may want to do when applying for uni in the future it would be good to kind of compare. Some universities may be specific in what BTEC you have done depending on the course you want to apply for.
I have no idea what I want to do after year 13 which is why im doing a music course and sciences, I've always wanted to do something with music but I really enjoy science so I thought it would be good to have them both incase Music doesn't work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (632)
48.77%
No (664)
51.23%

Watched Threads