briarnolet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi, in september i will be starting a levels in sixth form. i have already chosen my options as
-dance
-sociology
-english language
i have obviously already looked in to the courses and chose them as i believe i will enjoy them, however i haven't spoken to people who have actually done these courses themselves. if you have taken any of these a levels in the past i would really appreciate if you could let me know how you found them so i can be a bit more prepared! thank you
liasyk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by briarnolet)
hi, in september i will be starting a levels in sixth form. i have already chosen my options as
-dance
-sociology
-english language
i have obviously already looked in to the courses and chose them as i believe i will enjoy them, however i haven't spoken to people who have actually done these courses themselves. if you have taken any of these a levels in the past i would really appreciate if you could let me know how you found them so i can be a bit more prepared! thank you
hey, ive taken sociology A level and it is a great topic!
it is an essay subject and all exams, no coursework. you have 4, 6, 10, 20 and 30 markers within 3 papers.
i am a slow writer so i did struggle with time, however in sociology you dont have to write pages and pages you have to follow a structure and MAKE SURE you add in all valid points to gain high marks.
the grade boundaries are fair, where you could get 15/20 and get a B.
you learn about the education system, capitalism, families and households, research methods, media, crime and deviance and many more topics.
hope this has helped
briarnolet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
ahh thank you so much that helped a lot! the things that you learn about all seem so interesting i'm looking forward to it and i'll keep what you said in mind, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (632)
48.77%
No (664)
51.23%

Watched Threads