Which is better ?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tashax2)
Which is better ?
Better for you isn't going to be better for someone else - you need to decide what you consider the pros and cons of each and where you think you will thrive
Tashax2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Better for you isn't going to be better for someone else - you need to decide what you consider the pros and cons of each and where you think you will thrive
I already have , I like them both equally so I wanted to see if there is a difference in reputation?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I already have , I like them both equally so I wanted to see if there is a difference in reputation?
Not really
A placement year is usually a positive thing but if you like them both equally then flip a coin
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Not really
A placement year is usually a positive thing but if you like them both equally then flip a coin
I might have to lol, I actually found the uni guide website and it says the % of people who get a 2:1 and above at each and the average salary- I’m gonna assume that this is relatively important so I’m guessing it’s a good way to choose between them no?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I might have to lol, I actually found the uni guide website and it says the % of people who get a 2:1 and above at each and the average salary- I’m gonna assume that this is relatively important so I’m guessing it’s a good way to choose between them no?
averages from previous graduates (who will have started their degrees in 2016 or even earlier) don't really tell you anything about how you will do and your employability.

Employers employ people not their universities or degrees - going somewhere where you'll be happy, can thrive academically and take advantage of all the opportunities available outside your degree will have far more impact on your future than the name of the university on your certificate.

You've got until June to decide - use the time to attend offer holder days, visit the campus if lockdown allows or go on virtual tours if it does, speak to fellow applicants and students on TSR and other social media, find out more about the course content and the flexibility and options available, the societies and clubs on offer and part time work and placements etc etc etc

If you're still undecided by April then flip a coin and then "live" with that decision for a month. If you're still happy with it as a choice by May then add your decision on Track.
Tashax2
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
averages from previous graduates (who will have started their degrees in 2016 or even earlier) don't really tell you anything about how you will do and your employability.

Employers employ people not their universities or degrees - going somewhere where you'll be happy, can thrive academically and take advantage of all the opportunities available outside your degree will have far more impact on your future than the name of the university on your certificate.

You've got until June to decide - use the time to attend offer holder days, visit the campus if lockdown allows or go on virtual tours if it does, speak to fellow applicants and students on TSR and other social media, find out more about the course content and the flexibility and options available, the societies and clubs on offer and part time work and placements etc etc etc

If you're still undecided by April then flip a coin and then "live" with that decision for a month. If you're still happy with it as a choice by May then add your decision on Track.
Thank you !
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How to Choose Firm and Insurance - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%