Using my own car for driving test

Watch
fenton484
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
My driving test is on May 5th (read tests are resuming on April 12th). I've practised the most in my own car -whats the procedure for usign it on my test?
Kat.02
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It shows you on the government website what is needed in order for it to be test ready
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
fenton484

Better make sure everything is in order and you have all of the compliance documentary evidence with you on the test day. Certain cars cannot be used.

I'd say, do not solely rely on an MOT test as that will only tell you the car was roadworthy at the time of the test. Get it checked over again by an MOT authorised garage to make sure everything still works a few days before the test. I'd suggest a garage check same as an MOT but without the emissions test etc. NB this is at your discretion (and no doubt some will argue this is completely unnecessary) but is IMO good insurance to save you having to re-book your test if the examiner finds fault with the car before your start your test.

It's all here.

Using your own car for your test
Last edited by uberteknik; 6 days ago
TheDE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm not sure what you mean by 'compliance documentary evidence' as that has never been and never will be something we ask for so don't worry about that. That is covered in the disclaimer at the start, by agreeing you agree that the car is insured and 'suitable for test' aka MOT'd & Taxed.

You need to bring a stick on mirror (halfords, Amazon).
You need to make sure there are no warning lights showing, and no recalls on the vehicle as we have a list of common vehicles that have recalls.
You need to make sure there are no chips in the windscreen, and the tyres are in good condition and a good pressure (no cuts, bulges or chunks missing, good tread).
Car must be very clean inside (deep clean it morning of test) and externally windows must be clean enough to see out of.
No window tints in the fronts, no excessive window tint in the rear.
All bulbs working.
No broken glass, bodywork or protruding body work.
No convertibles.
Bring L plates.

And I have just realised this is all on that link anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads