Changing from Electrical Engineering to Product Design

Watch
AmirHussain90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to change my degree course, from engineering to product design. The question is if given the chance, would it be hard for me to adjust to entering a second yr at another university and on another course?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AmirHussain90)
I want to change my degree course, from engineering to product design. The question is if given the chance, would it be hard for me to adjust to entering a second yr at another university and on another course?
What do you mean? - you can't transfer into second year of a PD degree with the first year of an engineering degree. Transfers are only possible if the first year course content is compatible.

If you want to study PD then don't start an engineering degree
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AmirHussain90)
Hi there,

I am currently an engineering student at the University of Portsmouth.
It all depends on the university as to how much change there would be. But as they are both similar courses, there will be some overlap and so it would be possible to transition between courses. Another course to consider would be Design Engineering, this is a crossover betwween both engineering and product design.

Hope this helps

Ethan - UOP Rep
AmirHussain90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi there,

I am currently an engineering student at the University of Portsmouth.
It all depends on the university as to how much change there would be. But as they are both similar courses, there will be some overlap and so it would be possible to transition between courses. Another course to consider would be Design Engineering, this is a crossover betwween both engineering and product design.

Hope this helps

Ethan - UOP Rep
Does that go for all types of Engineering, or just for a select few?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (52)
24.19%
Unhappy (56)
26.05%
Conflicted (107)
49.77%

Watched Threads