Will I go to jail for doing this?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
The other night I was drunk, and snuck into my neighbour's garden, and glanced at them sleeping through the patio doors. I was dared to do this by my friend who I was playing Truth or Dare with. They never saw me, and I was out of there before anyone noticed. Now, I am anxious and feel sick for my actions, will I go to prison? I never stole anything.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No, they'd need to be aware of your trespass to prosecute.
MMtrapzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The other night I was drunk, and snuck into my neighbour's garden, and glanced at them sleeping through the patio doors. I was dared to do this by my friend who I was playing Truth or Dare with. They never saw me, and I was out of there before anyone noticed. Now, I am anxious and feel sick for my actions, will I go to prison? I never stole anything.
naaaaah if no-one saw you your fine
Mason_taylor16
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes you will and deserve to. You trespassed and ultimately stalked them, vile behaviour
White Guy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You trespassed into their garden, that is illegal. You then watched as they slept, which is beyond weird.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No, you won't go to prison. But by all means go to the police and turn yourself in if that's really what you want.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Mason_taylor16)
Yes you will and deserve to. You trespassed and ultimately stalked them, vile behaviour
(Original post by White Guy)
You trespassed into their garden, that is illegal. You then watched as they slept, which is beyond weird.
I was drunk. Have you never made any mistakes? Not everyone indulges on alcohol, but we all make mistakes.. Illegal or not.
White Guy
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Why is your username 'White Guy'? :confused:
I have another thread explaining why, please do not bring this up on another thread. I will be willing to talk on my own.
MMtrapzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Why is your username 'White Guy'? :confused:
cos he's white
White Guy
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by MMtrapzz)
cos he's white
Actually I'm Hindu, but this is not the place to discuss this.
Alexmazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
This is an entertaining thread aha
MMtrapzz
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Actually I'm Hindu, but this is not the place to discuss this.
oh
scg123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
In the UK trespass is a civil matter. Therefore you cannot be arrested for it. You can be prosecuted privately however. You made a mistake, don't start telling everyone about it. Simply learn from it and move on.
White Guy
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by scg123)
In the UK trespass is a civil matter. Therefore you cannot be arrested for it. You can be prosecuted privately however. You made a mistake, don't start telling everyone about it. Simply learn from it and move on.
Very weird though, no?
Alexmazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It was a drunken dare, if nobody saw you you'll be fine. Nobody is gonna grass to the cops probably and I imagine you wouldn't be able to prove that you were actually in their garden as it would probably be his word against yours unless they had security cameras or something. I'm sure security cameras eventually erase themselves anyway after like a month so you'll be fine. Don't worry about it
scg123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Very weird though, no?
Depends what age the OP is to be honest. Early teens less weird, nearing towards 16 maybe quite weird. Still, at least they realise they did something wrong.
lstocber
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You cannot be arrested for it, but you can be prosecuted privately.
here2helps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
why do u spend time with friends u have to get take liquid drugs with and do stupid things. Find a gf or spend time with family, you will be grounded and a better version of yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (468)
51.49%
No (441)
48.51%

Watched Threads