I have developed feelings for him but distance is making things difficult

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I have met this guy at uni, we met once in person. But due to the pandemic I have moved back home which is a 5 hour train ride to uni. So we are unable to see each order in person. Once he finishes his course this year he will fly back to China. I really like him, we chat nearby everyday, I help him with English and he helps me with my Chinese degree.

He hasn't expressed any interest and this may be because all our interactions have been over a phone call or text message. Due to us being physically apart I can't read him I don't see his facial expressions and we can't go on walks together or visit each other. Is there no hope? How would I know if he feels the same? I don't want to ask incase he doesn't feel the same way and it will make things weird, I don't want to lose him, I will happily remain friends if he isn't interested in being more than friends.
duty.-of-.fruty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have met this guy at uni, we met once in person. But due to the pandemic I have moved back home which is a 5 hour train ride to uni. So we are unable to see each order in person. Once he finishes his course this year he will fly back to China. I really like him, we chat nearby everyday, I help him with English and he helps me with my Chinese degree.

He hasn't expressed any interest and this may be because all our interactions have been over a phone call or text message. Due to us being physically apart I can't read him I don't see his facial expressions and we can't go on walks together or visit each other. Is there no hope? How would I know if he feels the same? I don't want to ask incase he doesn't feel the same way and it will make things weird, I don't want to lose him, I will happily remain friends if he isn't interested in being more than friends.
You know I think you should actually ask him, even if the answer is not the one desired rather a hurtful truth than a lie that will carry on till later, and who knows he might be into u. Also most guys tend to hide their true feelings or aren't ready to say anything because of the nervosity so u can either do as I said above or give him a little push, maybe he doesn't know how to tell u either so :> yea good luck I'm cheering for u.
Last edited by duty.-of-.fruty; 4 days ago
DanielG_07
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi! Im only 14 years old but from previous experience, here are some good tips. The main thing is try talk to him about your feelings: I'm a 14 yr old boy who has a best friend since like 7 or something, who is a girl. I don't know if we both should like 'officially' be gf and bf even though its quite young, but I always check up on her, see if she is alr, and cuz of that I'm someone she can trust and someone good to TALK to. Sometimes some of the stuff we talk about can be a bit awkward and stuff we both think that we can talk to each other about these things. So, in ur scenario, i would advise you talk to him. Boys like me sometimes are a bit shy, don't show as much emotions and feelings as others do, so the best way is personally to talk to him and im sure he will listen. Talk to him, tell him that you don't want to lose him, that you love him, try FaceTime him or video or something, with lockdown me and my 'gf' FaceTime often so we can see each other virtually face-to-face. Express ur emotions, tell him how u feel. I'm sure he will be willing to help and listen to you. Good luck, and I admit, long-distance relationships are hard to keep well especially with lockdown, even with my gf is tricky. If u need any extra help just pm me, visit a relationship help/forum website etc. I hope everything goes well and hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (468)
51.49%
No (441)
48.51%

Watched Threads