i really don't understand the difference between style, theme and genre in drama?

Watch
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
is there any easy way to remember? they all seem the same to me :/
TooRadToBeSad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Heya, A-Level Drama student here:

I think I get what you mean.

Style- think practitioner e.g. Frantic Assembly.

Theme- Think about what the production is based around e.g Relationships, Feminsm or Bullying.

Genre- Like film genre- Horror, Comedy or Sci-Fi.

I hope this helps
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
?
(Original post by TooRadToBeSad)
Heya, A-Level Drama student here:

I think I get what you mean.

Style- think practitioner e.g. Frantic Assembly.

Theme- Think about what the production is based around e.g Relationships, Feminsm or Bullying.

Genre- Like film genre- Horror, Comedy or Sci-Fi.

I hope this helps
hey! this helps a lot thank you! however, i still don't understand style? could you say that stanislavski is a style?
i get the other two now
thank youuuu x
TooRadToBeSad
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Stanisvlaski isn't a style but Naturalism which he influenced is. thinking back Frantic Assembly was probably a bad example
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
?
Stanisvlaski isn't a style but Naturalism which he influenced is. thinking back Frantic Assembly was probably a bad example
so what are other examples of style? sorry if i keep pestering you. i really want to get this right.
because you know hoe you said genres are like movie genres, is there a method for styles?
TooRadToBeSad
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
so what are other examples of style? sorry if i keep pestering you. i really want to get this right.
because you know hoe you said genres are like movie genres, is there a method for styles?
It's not a problem at all. Usually, a style is what a practitioner will have had some influence over or there works will be based in that style such as Stanisvlaski and Naturalism, or The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night Time based on the style of Frantic Assembly.
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
?
It's not a problem at all. Usually, a style is what a practitioner will have had some influence over or there works will be based in that style such as Stanisvlaski and Naturalism, or The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night Time based on the style of Frantic Assembly.
OHHHH okay! so what would you use if the production is made up?
i am doing a play about the holocaust ?
would that be naturalism ? also thank you again
you're so much help !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (244)
51.48%
No (230)
48.52%

Watched Threads