Reg819
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello,

I am currently in my first year of a healthcare degree funded by student finance. Prior to this I was receiving funding for a second degree at the Open University, BSc Psychology (I graduated from my first degree in 2011 which was funded by student finance). I completed my first two 60 credit modules and I intend to return to finish my OU degree in 2023 when I graduate from my healthcare degree. Will I still be eligible for student finance for my Open University degree fees?

Thank you
Last edited by Reg819; 1 week ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reg819)
Hello,

I am currently in my first year of a healthcare degree funded by student finance. Prior to this I was receiving funding for a second degree at the Open University, BSc Psychology (I graduated from my first degree in 2011 which was funded by student finance). I completed my first two 60 credit modules and I intend to return to finish my OU degree in 2023 when I graduate from my healthcare degree. Will I still be eligible for student finance for my Open University degree fees?

Also, if I didn't finish my healthcare degree would I be able to return to my Open University degree and still be eligible for fee funding?

Thank you
Hi,

from what I have understand:

- Graduated from first degree 2011, please can you confirm what qualification you gained?
- Started studying at the Open University but did not finish the course, did you withdraw?
- Started studying a full time healthcare degree, please can you confirm the course name?
- You will then complete the healthcare degree and go back to the Open University, please confirm what qualificaiton you will receive and please confirm the course name at the OU, is it still Psychology?

Thanks, Isaac
Reg819
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
1. BA (Hons) Criminology
2. No I have not withdrawn from my course I am on a study break in order to gain my healthcare degree first
3. BSc (Hons) Podiatry
4. My open university degree I would like to finish is BSc Combined STEM (I swapped from Psychology which was what I was originally enrolled on, sorry for the confusion)

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reg819)
1. BA (Hons) Criminology
2. No I have not withdrawn from my course I am on a study break in order to gain my healthcare degree first
3. BSc (Hons) Podiatry
4. My open university degree I would like to finish is BSc Combined STEM (I swapped from Psychology which was what I was originally enrolled on, sorry for the confusion)

Thank you
You won't be funded for the Podiatry course if you are still studying at the Open University, your Open University course will need to end.

After the podiatry course, you can be funded for the Open University course only if it's an exception course.

If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (74)
11.78%
Virtual campus tours/open days (153)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.12%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (57)
9.08%
A uni comparison tool (146)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (147)
23.41%