How can I stop aching after walking and general movement?

Watch
neville420
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I haven't really left the house much since the start of the 3rd lockdown, I'd probably go for a walk no more than twice a week and I'd usually be aching so much after. I walk between 4 to 8 miles it varies.

I also hadn't had sex for 7 weeks until yesterday and I'm aching after this too haha. I wasn't like this before, I mean sure I'd probably ache after a long walk but not after sex lol.

If I walk more often will I not ache so much? should I do anything else?
chibibotto
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd say gradually build up your walks again, starting off with slower and shorter walks because you don't want to go from doing little exercise to doing loads in one go. Also, do stretches before you leave and once you return. Hope that helps
xDmochi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by neville420)
I haven't really left the house much since the start of the 3rd lockdown, I'd probably go for a walk no more than twice a week and I'd usually be aching so much after. I walk between 4 to 8 miles it varies.

I also hadn't had sex for 7 weeks until yesterday and I'm aching after this too haha. I wasn't like this before, I mean sure I'd probably ache after a long walk but not after sex lol.

If I walk more often will I not ache so much? should I do anything else?
Your muscles are 100% not used to It, so I recommend doing stretches, massaging your calf’s and thighs, and possible getting a muscle mower (kinda a foam roller thing that loosens your tendons and muscles.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Make sure you are wearing a decent pair of shoes/trainers for walking. Vary your route; if you don't, the camber will always be working the same set of muscles.
neville420
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by xDmochi)
Your muscles are 100% not used to It, so I recommend doing stretches, massaging your calf’s and thighs, and possible getting a muscle mower (kinda a foam roller thing that loosens your tendons and muscles.
(Original post by Surnia)
Make sure you are wearing a decent pair of shoes/trainers for walking. Vary your route; if you don't, the camber will always be working the same set of muscles.
Thank you both for the suggestions, I really need to get myself healthier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads