The Student Room Group

What is better: Classical Civilisation VS Politics & Sociology for a career in Law?

Hi everyone.

I am currently studying Sociology and Criminology at Warwick, tho I am seeking to change courses. I know that once my degree is finished I want to complete the GDP conversion course and go into law.

However, I am not completely enjoying my course at Warwick, and feel like I definitely want to move course. My passion definitely lies in Politics, and always has, so one part of me suggests that I should look to move to a joint Politics and Sociology degree with a 75% weighting towards Politics. Although, I recently looked into the course "Classical Civilisation" at Warwick, and seems to be a degree that Law firms favor over most others.

Id say that I would probably enjoy 90% of my degree if I moved over to Politics, whilst I would enjoy maybe 75-80% of the Classical Civilisation degree.

Either way, I definitely want a career in Law, but I'm curious to know if my life would be made easier if I did a degree in Classics, and will make me more appealing to an employer than a Politics and Sociology degree.

Let me know what you think :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending