The Student Room Group

I need a proof of Address

I have not got any accounts to my name, and none of my offers are giving me a reply.
I want to open an account but I do not have a proof of address. I live with my parent so I can not use bills and I have called the surgery but they said they do not offer the service anymore, and with this I am at a lost on what to do.
I am not a UK or EU citizen, I just live here, and everything I try to make headway, this place has ways and extra charges to cause delay. It is getting frustrating.
Does anyone else know a way I can get a proof of address?
I do not yet have a drivers license either
Original post by VictorOpeyemi
I have not got any accounts to my name, and none of my offers are giving me a reply.
I want to open an account but I do not have a proof of address. I live with my parent so I can not use bills and I have called the surgery but they said they do not offer the service anymore, and with this I am at a lost on what to do.
I am not a UK or EU citizen, I just live here, and everything I try to make headway, this place has ways and extra charges to cause delay. It is getting frustrating.

If you have a national insurance number, you can request a notice of tax coding (P2 notice) letter from HMRC which you can use as a proof of address. If you can get a provisional license then you can use that as well. If you have any credit report record and/or are registered on the electoral roll then you should be able to get something like Monzo.
Reply 3
Original post by VictorOpeyemi

Check to see what the bank will accept. For example, Barclays will accept "An introduction from a parent or guardian who banks with us" as proof of address; so it might be worth seeing if the bank your parent banks with can help.

It might be worth looking at the web sites of each of the banks to check what they will accept; there might be slight differences between them. Do a web search for "<bank name> proof of address", e.g.

barclays proof of address

and see what the options are.

If you are a qualifying commonwealth citizen, you can be on the electoral roll -- which will help. See here: https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/running-electoral-registration-england/eligibility-register-vote/what-are-nationality-requirements-register-vote/can-a-commonwealth-citizen-register-vote

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending