The Student Room Group

What muscles and joints are used when throwing a dart?

This is for an anatomy and physiology assignment I am doing. I need to analyse and talk about the muscle and joint movements that happen when throwing a dart ( top half of the body only) could anybody please help?
Reply 1
Bicep relaxes, tricep contracts and creates extension at the elbow
Original post by Mkm5
Bicep relaxes, tricep contracts and creates extension at the elbow

Oh my gosh, that must have taken you a while to think up! How did you come up with something so brilliant and useful?
Reply 3
Original post by dillydally123
Oh my gosh, that must have taken you a while to think up! How did you come up with something so brilliant and useful?

I’ve heard worse from better 🙃
Most activities are rotational in the cross over plane and longitudinal pivot and the two joints fundamentally included are the elbow and shoulder. The elbow is a pivot joint shaped by the humerus and ulna. The shoulder is a ball and attachment joint framed between the humerus and the scapula.
Arm, elbow and jaw.

How else to drink pints while leaning against a bar and talking about the bullseye dart that won the last game?
The actual answer to this would be really complex - you'll get rotational action of the whole torso and you lean forward when throwing so it includes thighs and pelvis too, as well as muscles to balance the head. Balance in general is super complex.

I suspect they just want you to say 'erm triceps' though.
I'm doing this question now. Help me please!! I'm stuck on the muscles and movements of the fingers..
Reply 8
Hey there, did u manage to answer this question??
Reply 9
Original post by Courtneyks
This is for an anatomy and physiology assignment I am doing. I need to analyse and talk about the muscle and joint movements that happen when throwing a dart ( top half of the body only) could anybody please help?

Did u manage to finish this question? Can you helpme plsssss??
Original post by Courtneyks

Hey I’m currently doing this assignment, could you please help me with it?
Hey could you please help me with this question

Original post by chardudderidge
I'm doing this question now. Help me please!! I'm stuck on the muscles and movements of the fingers..
Original post by Hops23
Hey there, did u manage to answer this question??

Hey could you please help me with this question?

Quick Reply

Latest