username5659334
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don’t know if I should take N5 chemistry in S5 so that I can get higher chemistry in S6 which will allow me to get all 3 sciences in at least higher level for my job.
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you need Higher Chemistry for whatever you want to do, then N5 will probably be useful. For uni/college applications, many entry requirements say that Higher grades must be achieved in one year of study.

Are you doing any other Highers in S5? Or are you planning to do them all in S6?

I would speak to your school. I know that at my school, they let some people go straight into a Higher without completing N5, but your school may be different. Have a chat with them and see what they think is best. Good luck
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username5659334)
I don’t know if I should take N5 chemistry in S5 so that I can get higher chemistry in S6 which will allow me to get all 3 sciences in at least higher level for my job.
What is it that you want to do in the future? I don't think there are any uni courses that ask for all 3 sciences, and I've never heard of jobs that need highers in all 3 either, so unless chemistry is a required subject, you wouldn't necessarily have to. If you want to do it because you enjoy the subject though, then go for it! Do check the entry requirements for whatever you want to do next though in terms of how many highers they want and if there are any specifications on achieved in S5 or S6. As above, crash higher may be an option, though it would definitely be worthwhile doing some reading of the Nat 5 content before getting started as in chemistry, a lot of the higher course builds on what's covered at nat 5.
mspratt1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I would definitely recommend taking nat5, i am currently taking higher having took national 5 last year and a lot of the course for higher links back to national 5 so you would be at a disadvantage if you were to crash it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (27)
14.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (43)
22.51%
Live streaming events (17)
8.9%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (19)
9.95%
A uni comparison tool (43)
22.51%
An in-person event when available (42)
21.99%