Jess_guest17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello can someone answer me this can i use my national Insurance number letter when sending my birth certificate in with my provisional application To prove my identity?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think NI counts as proof of identity, it even says this on my NI card. Do you have a utility bill, council tax, bank statements etc. with your name and address?
Jess_guest17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I don't think NI counts as proof of identity, it even says this on my NI card. Do you have a utility bill, council tax, bank statements etc. with your name and address?
No i dont have that
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jess_guest17)
No i dont have that
Ask your bank to send you a statement, you can use that. Or go onto online banking and download it from there.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's not absolute ID on it's own but generally is accepted as formal correspondence listing your NI number in the way as mail from the DWP/Councils/IR is
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jess_guest17)
Hello can someone answer me this can i use my national Insurance number letter when sending my birth certificate in with my provisional application To prove my identity?
Yes, you can:

UK birth, adoption and naturalisation certificates
You can use a UK birth, adoption or naturalisation certificate, but you must send it with one of the following:

- National Insurance card or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing your National Insurance number;
- photocopy of the front page of a benefits book or an original benefits claim letter;
- P45, P60 or pay slip;
- marriage certificate or divorce papers (decree nisi or absolute);
- a gender recognition certificate;
- college or university union card, education certificate or PASS proof of age card (issued after June 2014)
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ask your bank to send you a statement, you can use that. Or go onto online banking and download it from there.
Utility bills and bank statements are not what the DVLA want to see. The NI letter is perfectly adequate to accompany a birth certificate.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Utility bills and bank statements are not what the DVLA want to see. The NI letter is perfectly adequate to accompany a birth certificate.
Ah right - thanks, didn't know about this.
Jess_guest17
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Yes, you can:

UK birth, adoption and naturalisation certificates
You can use a UK birth, adoption or naturalisation certificate, but you must send it with one of the following:

- National Insurance card or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing your National Insurance number;
- photocopy of the front page of a benefits book or an original benefits claim letter;
- P45, P60 or pay slip;
- marriage certificate or divorce papers (decree nisi or absolute);
- a gender recognition certificate;
- college or university union card, education certificate or PASS proof of age card (issued after June 2014)
Thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.7%
Virtual campus tours/open days (114)
23.36%
Live streaming events (44)
9.02%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (47)
9.63%
A uni comparison tool (111)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (110)
22.54%