ABOO12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hi,

Could anyone help me with information regarding PGCE. I'm particularly interested in university route PGCE.
1. Which city in the UK is renowned to support teacher trainees. One which provides a mentor that will not be judgemental.
2. I taught English to Adult in many countries and I would like to switch to do a PGCE English how easy will it be to switch since I did not study literature in my degree?
3. I am not particularly keen on taking loan are any grants, bursaries available if I opt for the uni route?

Thank you
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ABOO12)
Hi,

Could anyone help me with information regarding PGCE. I'm particularly interested in university route PGCE.
1. Which city in the UK is renowned to support teacher trainees. One which provides a mentor that will not be judgemental.
2. I taught English to Adult in many countries and I would like to switch to do a PGCE English how easy will it be to switch since I did not study literature in my degree?
3. I am not particularly keen on taking loan are any grants, bursaries available if I opt for the uni route?

Thank you
1. There is not any one city which is renowned for teacher training. Even within a single course, the quality of mentors can vary drastically - my mentor was amazing, but my friend on the same course at the same school had an awful experience with hers. It is best to train in the location you intend to work.

2. Did you teach English as a foreign language, or English literature? If it's the latter, it would be better, though you may still have to do a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course. Do you have any qualifications in English Literature (e.g. A-level), as for many places, that is the minimum expectation. What is your degree in?

3. For English, there are currently no bursaries available. You can get the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan though.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 21 minutes ago
Hi ABOO12,
I would suggest that you register to the Get into Teaching website- you will be able to get a teaching adviser ( all experienced teachers) who will help you to explore the various routes to train in England and to choose the right course providers for you. If you decide to proceed, they will also be able to provide support with your application.
This is a free service. To register, follow the link: https://getintoteaching.education.go...lp-and-support
I hope this helps.
Laure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (347)
31.6%
No (751)
68.4%

Watched Threads