hehehehwuuulll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have just applied for a new passport as I lost my old one. But ucas is telling me to update my details but it takes atleast 4 weeks to arrive or even accept my application.
Does this mean my unis will reject me because I didn’t put my / don’t have my passport details.
aspiringmdeva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I applied to UCAS without a valid passport and had no issues- why is UCAS asking for your passport details?
hehehehwuuulll
Rep:
?
(Original post by aspiringmdeva)
I applied to UCAS without a valid passport and had no issues- why is UCAS asking for your passport details?
I don’t even know?? Apparently if I don’t then my application can’t be progressed. But this came up after I applied & got some interviews/offer Something about fee status like home british
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hehehehwuuulll)
This came up after I applied & got some interviews/offer Something about fee status like home British
Reply to the University questioning this and explain the delay. If you have your old passport details, give them this.
They are trying to assess your fee status - they need to know more about your nationality, passport, visas, whatever to do this.
aspiringmdeva
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t even know?? Apparently if I don’t then my application can’t be progressed. But this came up after I applied & got some interviews/offer Something about fee status like home british
ah i see, i had to do that- are you an EU national living in the UK? When the unis asked me for my status, I emailed them explaining the situation (my passport hadn’t arrived yet, similarly to you) and they said that they could progress with my application and just to get it to them ASAP. Brexit seems to have caused a lot of issues re: fee status this year but email the unis and see what they say
hehehehwuuulll
Rep:
?
(Original post by aspiringmdeva)
ah i see, i had to do that- are you an EU national living in the UK? When the unis asked me for my status, I emailed them explaining the situation (my passport hadn’t arrived yet, similarly to you) and they said that they could progress with my application and just to get it to them ASAP. Brexit seems to have caused a lot of issues re: fee status this year but email the unis and see what they say
Oh ok thank you. No I’m a home/ British citizen but I just haven’t got my new passport yet. How long did it take u to get urs?
aspiringmdeva
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh ok thank you. No I’m a home/ British citizen but I just haven’t got my new passport yet. How long did it take u to get urs?
Ah right, I'm a dutch national living in the UK but mine only took 4 weeks- my younger brother who has a British passport waited 6 however
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads