Peter_Pan_14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m really hating my course and I have found another that I like and it has a career pathway that I love. Has anyone else changed their course a year in? My current university doesn’t offer the new course so I will also have to move unis. Is this a wise idea??
Yewfelle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you hate your course and think you'd be happier elsewhere, go for it. Best to jump ship early before things spiral out of control.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Peter_Pan_14)
I’m really hating my course and I have found another that I like and it has a career pathway that I love. Has anyone else changed their course a year in? My current university doesn’t offer the new course so I will also have to move unis. Is this a wise idea??
Lots of people do this
You've missed the UCAS deadline for equal consideration but that doesn't mean you can't still apply - talk to the universities you want to transfer to and talk to your current tutor about getting a reference

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
i'm thinking of doing the same as my uni doesn't offer a combined course that i think is better. Is this a stupid choice or should i do it?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm thinking of doing the same as my uni doesn't offer a combined course that i think is better. Is this a stupid choice or should i do it?
Applying elsewhere doesn’t withdraw you from your current course. You can explore your options and then make a decision in the summer
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Applying elsewhere doesn’t withdraw you from your current course. You can explore your options and then make a decision in the summer
thank you so much, ill defo explore doing that! my only fear is that some unis that I prefer wont let me join in 2nd year and I don't want to spend another year doing at least half of the same modules. What do you propose I do??
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thank you so much, ill defo explore doing that! my only fear is that some unis that I prefer wont let me join in 2nd year and I don't want to spend another year doing at least half of the same modules. What do you propose I do??
Talk to universities about whether they're still accepting applications and then apply

If a university won't let you skip 1st year then you don't have to accept an offer from them.

Transfer applications take time - comparing module content isn't a quick process and universities won't do it before you apply and are unlikely to have time to do it in the summer - so if you want to move then apply NOW to maximise your chances. You get 5 choices on UCAS - use them.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Talk to universities about whether they're still accepting applications and then apply

If a university won't let you skip 1st year then you don't have to accept an offer from them.

Transfer applications take time - comparing module content isn't a quick process and universities won't do it before you apply and are unlikely to have time to do it in the summer - so if you want to move then apply NOW to maximise your chances. You get 5 choices on UCAS - use them.
ok thanks once again for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%