squirrelfoot
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Understand course fees are covered by the £9000 fees loan but perturbed what financial assistance I'm eligible to access to pay for rent/food/ materials and other essential living cost🤷*♂️
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by squirrelfoot)
Understand course fees are covered by the £9000 fees loan but perturbed what financial assistance I'm eligible to access to pay for rent/food/ materials and other essential living cost🤷*♂️
Hi Squirrel,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
squirrelfoot
Rep:
Hi Isaac,
Thanks for your response...
I'm hoping to study at Huddersfield (interior design) in Sept, I'm a very mature student😐...and a natural UK resident 🇬🇧.
My previous studies are Btec first diploma - Business&Finance and current studies (Foundation Degree in Art & Design).
I'm intending on relocating to Huddersfield or Manchester - dependent on offers but prefer to live off campus in private rented accommodation or cohabitate with some other trusting person.

Any info on STUDENT FINANCE, especially accommodation would be enormous help.

Andy M
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi Isaac,
Thanks for your response...
I'm hoping to study at Huddersfield (interior design) in Sept, I'm a very mature student😐...and a natural UK resident 🇬🇧.
My previous studies are Btec first diploma - Business&Finance and current studies (Foundation Degree in Art & Design).
I'm intending on relocating to Huddersfield or Manchester - dependent on offers but prefer to live off campus in private rented accommodation or cohabitate with some other trusting person.

Any info on STUDENT FINANCE, especially accommodation would be enormous help.

Andy M
Based on that information.

You have studied 2 years previously at higher education level and gained a foundation degree.
For your Interior design course, what qualification do you expect to achieve, how long is the course and is it full or part time?
Thanks, Isaac
squirrelfoot
Rep:
I'm expecting a BA Interior Design - after 3 years Full Time study👨*🎓
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm expecting a BA Interior Design - after 3 years Full Time study👨*🎓
Full time students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

With 2 years of previous study, your calculation will be 3+1-2=2 years of funding, you will be required to self fund the first year of your course.
Thanks, Isaac
squirrelfoot
Rep:
News to me Isaac - my full time 1 year Btec (Business&Finance) course was completed in 1991 ...and the only recent study is my current 1 year Foundation. course at Oldham College🤔 - anticipate i'm entitled funding for all my 3 years at university?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
News to me Isaac - my full time 1 year Btec (Business&Finance) course was completed in 1991 ...and the only recent study is my current 1 year Foundation. course at Oldham College🤔 - anticipate i'm entitled funding for all my 3 years at university?
Ah if your foundation degree course was only 1 year long then you only have 1 year of previous study and you will be fully entitled to funding.

You can apply for:
http://ow.ly/p35530oSeMy - Tuition Fee Loan overview
http://ow.ly/CRjh30oSeNR - Maintenance Loan overview
http://ow.ly/vqIu30oSeQj - Disabled Students Allowance overview (if applicable)
http://ow.ly/gnzO30oSeQS -Childcare Grant overview (if applicable)
http://ow.ly/BHxe30oSeRu -Adult Dependent Grant overview (if applicable)
http://ow.ly/duTB30oSeTa - Parents Learning Allowance overview (if applicable)

Thanks, Isaac
squirrelfoot
Rep:
Thanks Isaac,
Been an immense help...👍🏻
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks Isaac,
Been an immense help...👍🏻
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads