Report 6 days ago
(Original post by pratttima)
i have decided to pick
- bio or chem
- Psychology
- photography
let know if you have done this subject n ur opinion on it
Whats EPQ btw
i haven't done any of them since i'm also picking alevels now. those seem like a nice combination which complement each other. an EPQ is an 'extented project qualification' where you research a certain topic you like and write an essay about it. my school recommends it since unis love them since it shows your passion for the subject you want to do at uni if you do yours related to that subject. there is probably someone else who is actually currently doing one who can help you more but you can find out more about it and the pros and cons in this forum, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1454
hope this helps!
cactussalad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I do bio and chem and they're both really nice - chem definitely isn't as bad as people say

bio is more content heavy and chems got a fair bit of calculations

I did an epq as well and I really recommend, its really helpful and its nice to research something you're interested in
users73o
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by cactussalad)
I do bio and chem and they're both really nice - chem definitely isn't as bad as people say

bio is more content heavy and chems got a fair bit of calculations

I did an epq as well and I really recommend, its really helpful and its nice to research something you're interested in
hi i just wan to ask you if chemistry has alot of maths if it does is it like gcse level
ps; i hate maths
cactussalad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by pratttima)
hi i just wan to ask you if chemistry has alot of maths if it does is it like gcse level
ps; i hate maths
its pretty much all GCSEs level - theres a tiny bit on top but it's all putting it into a calculator and you don't need to know what the maths bit does

like for pH you need to use logs but you don't need to know what a log is

don't panic though, that is all yr13 and all of yr12 is GCSEs maths
users73o
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by cactussalad)
its pretty much all GCSEs level - theres a tiny bit on top but it's all putting it into a calculator and you don't need to know what the maths bit does

like for pH you need to use logs but you don't need to know what a log is

don't panic though, that is all yr13 and all of yr12 is GCSEs maths
ah ok thankss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (621)
48.9%
No (649)
51.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed