For once I actually have a school question

Watch
ImagineNotDating
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm in America so I don't know what this year thing is but I think I'm in year 8? I count kindergarten and 7th grade so it's that I think.

What should I do about this: My cello is broken and my teacher thinks it is fixed because I'm virtual.

I have to go to her zoom meeting and there is a chance she will ask me to do something with my cello like "Play measure 12 to 20" and "let's hear your A". I don't have my cello out and it is missing an A string.

What do I do? I feel horrible for showing up but not responding or anything to what she asks to do.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Send her an email before class and inform her of your situation.
ImagineNotDating
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Send her an email before class and inform her of your situation.
The thing is this has happened before and I am careless with stuff I don't really care about. Like I have to TRY not to hit anything or break anything.
Karmax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ImagineNotDating)
I'm in America so I don't know what this year thing is but I think I'm in year 8? I count kindergarten and 7th grade so it's that I think.

What should I do about this: My cello is broken and my teacher thinks it is fixed because I'm virtual.

I have to go to her zoom meeting and there is a chance she will ask me to do something with my cello like "Play measure 12 to 20" and "let's hear your A". I don't have my cello out and it is missing an A string.

What do I do? I feel horrible for showing up but not responding or anything to what she asks to do.
You should tell her and if she sanctions you, you can use the email as defence I guess saying that you told her. It's not your fault it broke...unless you were like hmm why don't I just rip of this string what difference will it make? That would be dumb.
ImagineNotDating
Rep:
?
(Original post by Karmax)
You should tell her and if she sanctions you, you can use the email as defence I guess saying that you told her. It's not your fault it broke...unless you were like hmm why don't I just rip of this string what difference will it make? That would be dumb.
ok thanks for you help.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ImagineNotDating)
The thing is this has happened before and I am careless with stuff I don't really care about. Like I have to TRY not to hit anything or break anything.
Well you cant just sit there with your mic off pretending to have your instrument when you dont. Own up to your mistake and use this as a lesson to stop being so careless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.17%
No (616)
50.83%

Watched Threads