kiranmahmood2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi everyone, I am currently in year nine and I need to pick my GCSE options this year. I don't know if I should pick separate sciences or combined science. Please could you give me some advice about the subjects which you have picked and how you are finding them. Thank you very much.
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by kiranmahmood2)
Hi everyone, I am currently in year nine and I need to pick my GCSE options this year. I don't know if I should pick separate sciences or combined science. Please could you give me some advice about the subjects which you have picked and how you are finding them. Thank you very much.
How do you do in science? Do you generally find it alright, or do you struggle?

In general, separate sciences will leave your options open, and so they're good if you're really not too sure what you want to do post-GCSE or as a career.

Combined science may well make it a little trickier down the line if you decide you want to pursue something that needs a science A-level or similar. However, if you find science difficult / very boring, and you're certain you don't want to pursue a career that will need it, then combined science may be the better choice as it will be less effort.
kiranmahmood2
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluebeetle)
How do you do in science? Do you generally find it alright, or do you struggle?

In general, separate sciences will leave your options open, and so they're good if you're really not too sure what you want to do post-GCSE or as a career.

Combined science may well make it a little trickier down the line if you decide you want to pursue something that needs a science A-level or similar. However, if you find science difficult / very boring, and you're certain you don't want to pursue a career that will need it, then combined science may be the better choice as it will be less effort.
Thank you for replying I am planning to go into a science based career
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by kiranmahmood2)
Thank you for replying I am planning to go into a science based career
In which case, I would certainly go for the separate sciences!
Kasterine
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Separate sciences would definitely be more helpful if you want to go into a science based career, as some might find an easier time at A Level after doing separate sciences with the full specification at GCSE.
kiranmahmood2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kasterine)
Separate sciences would definitely be more helpful if you want to go into a science based career, as some might find an easier time at A Level after doing separate sciences with the full specification at GCSE.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed