I'm behind 5 months in my uni course

Watch
AntonioTheBeast
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just before I begin, I'd like to highlight that this was in no way my fault. After a few weeks into the course, I've been having problems with student finance, and my university had to block my account's access on the student portal, therefore I could not join lessons, look at my modules or anything. Since it was the literal start of my course, and they were all purely online, I knew no one in my course and I couldn't ask for any notes or assistance. I sent multiple emails to my teachers and attempted to call, it was either no response or them advising me to fix my student finance issue as soon as possible. It took months for this process, since student finance just did not want to accept my residency evidence, which meant I had to send the evidence multiple times, and it takes over a month for them to process and validate. It's been 5 months and just last week I was finally approved and the university received confirmation of my tuition fee loan and therefore allowed me access. So now even though I can finally join lectures again, the situation is still massively problematic as I have missed 5 MONTHS of content with no assistance whatsoever. Is there really any chance in hell I can catch up? And I'm studying a heavy content course (Law LLB), and I'm really stressed in how I'm going to catch up, especially with already missing formative assessments and lacking all the content knowledge I'm supposed to have by now. What is the best way to approach this? Thank you
Maz A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AntonioTheBeast)
Just before I begin, I'd like to highlight that this was in no way my fault. After a few weeks into the course, I've been having problems with student finance, and my university had to block my account's access on the student portal, therefore I could not join lessons, look at my modules or anything. Since it was the literal start of my course, and they were all purely online, I knew no one in my course and I couldn't ask for any notes or assistance. I sent multiple emails to my teachers and attempted to call, it was either no response or them advising me to fix my student finance issue as soon as possible. It took months for this process, since student finance just did not want to accept my residency evidence, which meant I had to send the evidence multiple times, and it takes over a month for them to process and validate. It's been 5 months and just last week I was finally approved and the university received confirmation of my tuition fee loan and therefore allowed me access. So now even though I can finally join lectures again, the situation is still massively problematic as I have missed 5 MONTHS of content with no assistance whatsoever. Is there really any chance in hell I can catch up? And I'm studying a heavy content course (Law LLB), and I'm really stressed in how I'm going to catch up, especially with already missing formative assessments and lacking all the content knowledge I'm supposed to have by now. What is the best way to approach this? Thank you
That sounds awful! Have a chat with a representative from the Uni for advice, see what they can do to help. It doesn't seem fair for you to catch up 5 months of work.

If you're not sure who to get in touch with I would ping your personal tutor an email for a chat. They should be able to help.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hiya, I agree with the above advice too; personal tutors are usually super helpful.

With regards to the work, I did the GDL last year and the one thing that helped me grasp the modules quickly was to make exam breakdowns with the help of the YourGDL handbook. If you make notes on the area and become familiar with the case law and precedents then the handbook will become your best friend when it's time to consolidate what you've learnt and prepare for exams.

I also follow dictum summaries on instagram - they have simple case summaries and I think you can dm them cases you'd like summarised and they'd help you out :-)
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AntonioTheBeast)
Retake the year, your so far behind that your submissions and learning will have to suffer.

Id try and get this year refunded & go from the beginning in September. Its simply way too late into the year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%