Kiera.Smith
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For my A-Levels I have decided to take RE, Spanish, and History (I'm predicted 8,8,9 at GCSE). I enjoy all of these subjects and have also selected politics as my back up. I was wondering if anyone did both RE and History and could tell me if they fit well together? Thanks!
Last edited by Kiera.Smith; 1 week ago
Nadz101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm also choosing my A-levels this year as I'm in year 11 and I definitely think that the combination of subjects that you have chosen go well together.
I'm planning on doing History, English Lit and psychology in case you were wondering what I was gonna go for. I know a friend who has done RE, Spanish and History at A level and she said that she enjoys the combination of subjects together as they compliment one another.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Kaziw
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I dont think i can precisely pinpoint such relationship, but i have friends who have taken these subjects, not simultaneously, but what i can say is that RE at A Level is quite lengthy. It consists of THeology, Philosophy and quite an in depth look into the major religions such as Catholicism and Islam, and teh development of the ideology associated with them. History is mostly- At AQA a very fascinating subject. Im actually jealous! You will cover the age of crusaders so there may be links you can create between RE and History, as the crusades were battles of the religions and domination over jerusalem, from 1096-1099 to the last crusade i think it was in the 1200's but im just relying on mem right now. you willl also cover Britain, so defo a good link with religion, as the renaissance was unstable in terms of religion. Riots and Christian plots to remove Elizabeth, im sure you already know this, of course in more detail. It also covers spain- very catholic country.

Overall you can deifinitely study both at the same time as you can make very good links between this, atleast for AQA but of course you may study another examboard which may be a bit different, but i presume that it won't not cover a timeline where religion was integral to life.

Both A-Levels are very hard and i wish you the best of luck in your endeavours, hope i could help.
Kiera.Smith
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Kaziw)
I dont think i can precisely pinpoint such relationship, but i have friends who have taken these subjects, not simultaneously, but what i can say is that RE at A Level is quite lengthy. It consists of THeology, Philosophy and quite an in depth look into the major religions such as Catholicism and Islam, and teh development of the ideology associated with them. History is mostly- At AQA a very fascinating subject. Im actually jealous! You will cover the age of crusaders so there may be links you can create between RE and History, as the crusades were battles of the religions and domination over jerusalem, from 1096-1099 to the last crusade i think it was in the 1200's but im just relying on mem right now. you willl also cover Britain, so defo a good link with religion, as the renaissance was unstable in terms of religion. Riots and Christian plots to remove Elizabeth, im sure you already know this, of course in more detail. It also covers spain- very catholic country.

Overall you can deifinitely study both at the same time as you can make very good links between this, atleast for AQA but of course you may study another examboard which may be a bit different, but i presume that it won't not cover a timeline where religion was integral to life.

Both A-Levels are very hard and i wish you the best of luck in your endeavours, hope i could help.
Thank you for the help - it's much appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (633)
48.62%
No (669)
51.38%

Watched Threads