pikachu1008
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I have no clue what to write about why I am researching this artist because it's what our teacher gave us to research. I have no clue how I'm meant to explain anything.
actuallystarfish
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I can't remember much as I did ART GCSE last year and I did also struggle with what to write, but maybe talk about things such as like the medium used by the artist, describe what they did in their works, any themes, are they trying to show or represent any issues, what method from the artist are you using in your works. Oh also basic facts about the artist like what era did they live in, are they alive, what the response was to their works etc.

I don't know if this will help or not. You could try looking on your school's website if you have one and look for templates on artist research. Again, I wasn't the best at the writing so maybe I'm not the best person to be listening to, but I hope this is helpful
pikachu1008
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Thank you!!! This will help a lot!
BluMoon06
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
haha i was gonna say the same thing
are you just researching or are you recreating their work as well?
pikachu1008
Rep:
?
(Original post by BluMoon06)
haha i was gonna say the same thing
are you just researching or are you recreating their work as well?
Both. That’s what our school requires us to do.
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by pikachu1008)
Both. That’s what our school requires us to do.
ah i werent too sure if you were just researching cos sometimes that happens. im taking art gcse too so you gotta write a bit about their work, what it looks like, and bit of background on them - not too much tho. youve also got to write a vit about your work, whats good about it, what you could improve and also how similar it is.
hope this helps
pikachu1008
Rep:
?
(Original post by BluMoon06)
ah i werent too sure if you were just researching cos sometimes that happens. im taking art gcse too so you gotta write a bit about their work, what it looks like, and bit of background on them - not too much tho. youve also got to write a vit about your work, whats good about it, what you could improve and also how similar it is.
hope this helps
Ohhhhh that makes sense. Thank you!
BluMoon06
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by pikachu1008)
Ohhhhh that makes sense. Thank you!
haha no problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads