randomname1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 hours ago
Hey,

So, I'm reading Tom Bennett's 'Running the room'. On page 277 the author describes a fantastic manager he worked with:

'Graham was my trainer when I worked in bars. He was funny, clever, and able to cope in any circumstance or scenario. He had mastered his role because he had, in advance of any possible problems in the job could throw at him, all the solutions. He was three steps ahead of everything because he had already worked out what to do. It led to mastery in one’s circumstances'.

I'm now on a mission to think of all the challanging teaching situations which could happen, and to write down how I would respond.

If you would be so kind, please throw some challanging situations at me that you have experienced or heard about in teaching. What did you do? What would you do differently?

It can be as basic as a school yard scrap. Where did you take the pupils after it, who did you speak to for help etc.

Hopefully this could be a fun discussion.

Cheeeeeeeeers!!!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Teachers have spent years doing this and can't agree. It would probably help if you identified particular kinds of situations you're interested in if this is to work. Do you want behaviour management scenarios? Teaching & Learning challenges? Pastoral based problems?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (289)
31.72%
No (622)
68.28%

Watched Threads