unkownk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I know off a mum that won’t cook for her children, she leaves them everyday to eat pot noodles or ready made meals. She doesn’t work, is this bad parenting? A friend wants to know. (Edited) my friend says the most the mum has ever made is pasta
Last edited by unkownk; 1 week ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. Dont have kids if you cant even feed them properly.
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Yes. Dont have kids if you cant even feed them properly.
Exactly what I said
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. Ready meals are unlikely to provide the appropriate nutrition for a child and are generally unhealthy.
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by unkownk)
I know off a mum that won’t cook for her children, she leaves them everyday to eat pot noodles or ready made meals. She doesn’t work, is this bad parenting? A friend wants to know
If one doesn’t feed their children properly that’s neglect.
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
If one doesn’t feed their children properly that’s neglect.
My friend told her parent this and she turned around and said i can’t afford you. Then my friend said that you can easily cook for cheap. And apparently her mum doesn’t like too cook
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
report to social services
AestheticStudying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, this is bad parenting - ready meals won't provide for the children and won't give them the right nourishment they need.
Somehow I can relate to this......my mum never cooks meals for me even tho she has all the time in the world and is always home since she doesn't have a jov but luckily my grandma sometimes does and when she doesn't I make my own food (mostly cereal or pot noodles but that's cus I have IBS so I can only eat certain foods but that's another story.....) but like I was saying before that is bad parenting
Last edited by AestheticStudying; 1 week ago
milliex_grace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean I wouldn't say it's good parenting - I think if the children were young they may think that their mum doesn't care about them, but you don't know if she has mental health problems or is too busy trying to make money to support them to help them. I guess you never know the full story and it's a case of can she be bothered to cook or does she not have the time.
Tania_loveheart
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know off a mum that won’t cook for her children, she leaves them everyday to eat pot noodles or ready made meals. She doesn’t work, is this bad parenting? A friend wants to know
yes if other people find out the kids could be taken into care but it depends on the situation but that is bad parenting it ok to do it sometimes like what my mum does when shes super bust
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tania_loveheart)
yes if other people find out the kids could be taken into care but it depends on the situation but that is bad parenting it ok to do it sometimes like what my mum does when shes super bust
If she’s busy then it’s understandable as long as it’s not everyday or at least once a week or something, I think a take away at the weekend or something is ok. But every day I don’t think is ok
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My friend told her parent this and she turned around and said i can’t afford you. Then my friend said that you can easily cook for cheap. And apparently her mum doesn’t like too cook
Which is weird because not cooking is the more expensive option
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by milliex_grace)
I mean I wouldn't say it's good parenting - I think if the children were young they may think that their mum doesn't care about them, but you don't know if she has mental health problems or is too busy trying to make money to support them to help them. I guess you never know the full story and it's a case of can she be bothered to cook or does she not have the time.
I know that she has a 2 year old daughter and looks after her everyday at home as she doesn’t work. My friend is 18 and she has younger siblings that are 11, 2, 14. She doesn’t go out or anything that I’ve been told, don’t really see what she would be busy doing other than just cleaning up and looking after the little one
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tania_loveheart)
Do you really believe that??? If her only fault is not cooking, the children will not be going into care! Maybe she helps with the homework, is very loving, participates in loads of extra activities like sport, music, theatre or art, but is just hopeless or uninterested by anything related to cooking! O.K it's not ideal, but what would you prefer, three good meals from a violent, unloving or indifferent parent, or buckets of love and attention from a hopeless cook?
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you really believe that??? If her only fault is not cooking, the children will not be going into care! Maybe she helps with the homework, is very loving, participates in loads of extra activities like sport, music, theatre or art, but is just hopeless or uninterested by anything related to cooking! O.K it's not ideal, but what would you prefer, three good meals from a violent, unloving or indifferent parent, or buckets of love and attention from a hopeless cook?
From what I’ve seen and heard the mum hasn’t told her daughter she loves her in years, also doesn’t show any affection only to the little one
Tania_loveheart
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I said they could never said they would and the girl says she leaves them what in the world is she leaving for at night these kids may be taken in if they are only eating pot noodle because they are not getting enough nutrients and can be considered abuse and babes yes i do believe that cause my aunties kids were taken in for a similar reason and hasn't gotten them back (she would have got them back if she didn't have a lying husband and gave them decent food). the person who made this post does she at least buy different meals

(Original post by Anonymous)
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
From what I’ve seen and heard the mum hasn’t told her daughter she loves her in years, also doesn’t show any affection only to the little one
In which case the lack of a correct diet is just symptomatic of deeper neglect.
unkownk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Which is weird because not cooking is the more expensive option
I know this is what I thought, my friend says she thinks she’s just lazy and doesn’t want to cook
Tania_loveheart
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know this is what I thought, my friend says she thinks she’s just lazy and doesn’t want to cook
for a mum that's not a good enough excuse my mum feels like that but she knows if she doesn't cook most of the time it's bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%