Favourite things about Edinburgh?Watch
Student life, in partnership with UEA
Yeah I know, but it’s 6 minutes by train so I’d be able to go into the city centre whenever but still be near the beach and on a safe campus. It’s the best of both worlds! But I really love the city itself, it’s so gorgeous.
True as can get in & out easier to city centre from there.
Well you do have a beach not far from it like, enjoy the time there
- Calton Hill at sunset (is a bit of a walk-up but so worth it for the view)
- Portobello beach to get fish and chips when it's sunny
- Walking all the way down Leith walk
- Grassmarket and around the castle is beautiful and also some great places to eat around there
- Leith farmers market on the weekends (think it's closed for a bit for obvious reasons but hopefully will be open again when you go back)
- Sitting in St. Andrews square in the summer is so nice
- Cold Town house pub
- Really hope you get to see both of these in the time you're there but the Christmas markets are incredible (I recommend all the rides) and obviously the fringe in the summer, even if you have no money is amazing to just walk around.
Those are just some that spring to mind - hope that helps!