Manchester vs Birmingham

Watch
Poll: Manchester vs Birmingham
Manchester (3)
75%
Birmingham (1)
25%
Other (please comment below where and why) (0)
0%
DanniBT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Heya everyone, I eventually plan on moving away from my country home to closer to the city. London s way out of the question and I’ve been considering Manchester and Birmingham. If you live in either of the places would you recommend living there? What’s the best part? Is thee lists of food culture? Is it expensive to live there?
Last edited by DanniBT; 4 days ago
H Millington
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DanniBT)
Heya everyone, I eventually plan on moving away from my country home to closer to the city. London s way out of the question and I’ve been considering Manchester and Birmingham. If you live in either of the places would you recommend living there? What’s the best part? Is thee lists of food culture? Is it expensive to live there?
I live really close to Manchester and I love it! It has a thriving music scene (without the pandemic) and the prices aren't too high if you look in the right places! (Prices are much higher further south...) The food is pretty good, there is quite a range of different places to go and Liverpool isn't too far away either. (Liverpool has great food, a great music scene and cheap accommodation.) If you're into fashion then Manchester is brilliant - There's Affleck's Palace for the goths/punks/emos/egirls and nerds, there's Cow for anyone into retro/2000s fashion and a range of modern stored on the way to city centre clothes for all kinds of occasions and styles. If you're into anything vegan or you're a big environmentalist then Manchester is perfect for you, whatever you can name you can find a cheap sustainable alternative somewhere nearby.
DanniBT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thank you so much! I've been looking at places in northern Manchester at the moment just to get an idea of house pricing as south was much more pricey. I didn't even consider sustainable living and my diet when I thought about moving so I'm so glad you brought it up. I've always wanted to be more sustainable but not purchasing my own groceries made it difficult. As well as the fact I'm vegetarian its great to see that I'll be able to do that cheaply of i were to move to Manchester. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (482)
51.77%
No (449)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise