UAL Arts and Design Foundation Interview at Camberwell

Watch
t4mhi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello! I'm Isa, I'm a US student applying to UAL Camberwell's Arts and Design Foundation. I have an interview for the course coming up in March and am seeking advice on how to prepare and do well. Are there any basic questions I should consider? Or any way to go about answering the questions?
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by t4mhi)
Hello! I'm Isa, I'm a US student applying to UAL Camberwell's Arts and Design Foundation. I have an interview for the course coming up in March and am seeking advice on how to prepare and do well. Are there any basic questions I should consider? Or any way to go about answering the questions?
Hi Isa,

Good luck with your interview!

This YouTube video produced by UAL has some great questions to consider when preparing for your interview.

I personally did my foundation at CSM and from what I remember of my interview I discussed my favorite piece in my portfolio (why it was my favorite, what prompted me to make it etc.), my influences, galleries I had recently visited (so maybe shows you've seen online or articles you've read) and why I wanted to come study at UAL.

The tutors interviewing you are interested in you and your practice, what makes you passionate about the subject and what you'd like to do on the course.

I hope that is of some help and I wish you all the best.

Kindest,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Liv20022002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by t4mhi)
Hi this isn’t related but I’ve also applied for the same foundation course at CCW and was wondering if they are waiting until 23rd April to start interviews. I’m guessing not because you have yours coming up but just wanted to check it was because you’re an international student? I sent off my portfolio last week.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Liv20022002)

Hi this isn’t related but I’ve also applied for the same foundation course at CCW and was wondering if they are waiting until 23rd April to start interviews. I’m guessing not because you have yours coming up but just wanted to check it was because you’re an international student? I sent off my portfolio last week.

Hi Liv20022002,

Congratulations on submitting your application!

It might take some time for the course leaders to get back to you since you submitted your portfolio only last week. However I will get back to you on the specifics for the standard waiting period on submission of the application.

Ananya
Ual Student Rep
Liv20022002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps)

Hi Liv20022002,

Congratulations on submitting your application!

It might take some time for the course leaders to get back to you since you submitted your portfolio only last week. However I will get back to you on the specifics for the standard waiting period on submission of the application.

Ananya
Ual Student Rep
Thank you Anaya!
t4mhi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I think it depends when you've submitted your portfolio -- I submitted mine mid-February so I guess that's why my interview was earlier. My US representative emailed me about scheduling an interview, and most of the ones offered to me at the time were during this week in March. Good luck with your upcoming interview!
Liv20022002
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
Has anyone got a thing on their portal saying a time slot for a digital portfolio review? just wondering how long it would be before I hear from them as this was over a week ago now.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 minutes ago
Has anyone got a thing on their portal saying a time slot for a digital portfolio review? just wondering how long it would be before I hear from them as this was over a week ago now.
I had mine last week, i wasn’t sent a way to join and I emailed them asking if it was an interview I had to attend, but it’s just when they are looking at your portfolio, but I haven’t heard back from them since
Anonymous #1
Report 4 minutes ago
I had my portfolio review last week and was wondering how long it takes to hear back about their decision? Does anyone know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (173)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (516)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (393)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (489)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (171)
4.85%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (214)
6.07%
Loneliness (300)
8.51%
Financial worries (129)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (140)
3.97%
Exposure to negative news/social media (159)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (196)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (317)
8.99%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (328)
9.3%

Watched Threads