Tinder help :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
Hey guys so I matched with this girl on tinder, who I really fancy I sent her a message.

Basically when she replied back I accidentally clicked on the notification and it made it look as if I've been waiting for that message as I read it straight away, i feel like I've already messed up as it may have come across as creepy and desperate.

Do you think I am overthinking this?

I sent a quirky message saying "rip you know when a notification comes up on your phone and you accidentally click it"

Then continued the conversation.

She hasn't replied yet but I feel like she'll be like what the hell is he talking about.

Anyone have any tips how I can play it off, or am I literally overthinking??
Kabzzzy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I think you're overthinking but also your response was a little bad. The whole 'time game' thing is so immature. If you're genuinely on the app and you see a notification, the mature thing would be to open it and respond normally. You just happened to be available at that time, it's a coincidence.

If you're busy, read and respond when you're available. It should be as simple as that. Thinking that you need to wait an hour before replying or whatever would make an incredibly slow and boring conversation.

For your situation, no point thinking about it until/if she responds. Don't bombard her with any more messages. Just get on with your life and see where the conversation goes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
I think you're overthinking but also your response was a little bad. The whole 'time game' thing is so immature. If you're genuinely on the app and you see a notification, the mature thing would be to open it and respond normally. You just happened to be available at that time, it's a coincidence.

If you're busy, read and respond when you're available. It should be as simple as that. Thinking that you need to wait an hour before replying or whatever would make an incredibly slow and boring conversation.

For your situation, no point thinking about it until/if she responds. Don't bombard her with any more messages. Just get on with your life and see where the conversation goes.
Yeah reason I think I messed up is because I was hoping she saw the message about me saying the "you know when you accidentally click a notification" and then we could've continued the convo. But I think because she didn't see that I messed up 😭😭😭

I hope she reads it and is a bit confused and then just answers the question I asked her, that's the best case scenario
Kabzzzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah reason I think I messed up is because I was hoping she saw the message about me saying the "you know when you accidentally click a notification" and then we could've continued the convo. But I think because she didn't see that I messed up 😭😭😭

I hope she reads it and is a bit confused and then just answers the question I asked her, that's the best case scenario
It'll be fine. If someone thinks you're a creep because you're giving them the time of day, well... that says a lot more about them, a.k.a. that bullet you dodged.
bong69rip420
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys so I matched with this girl on tinder, who I really fancy I sent her a message.

Basically when she replied back I accidentally clicked on the notification and it made it look as if I've been waiting for that message as I read it straight away, i feel like I've already messed up as it may have come across as creepy and desperate.

Do you think I am overthinking this?

I sent a quirky message saying "rip you know when a notification comes up on your phone and you accidentally click it"

Then continued the conversation.

She hasn't replied yet but I feel like she'll be like what the hell is he talking about.

Anyone have any tips how I can play it off, or am I literally overthinking??
You know they don't know when you've read the message, right?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bong69rip420)
You know they don't know when you've read the message, right?
It's another app similar to Tinder, I just said Tinder as it's more commonly known, on that app it's marked when someone's read it lol bit stupid that you can't unsend a message because I would've unsent where I said "rip you know them ones when you accidentally click on a notification"
Anonymous #1
It'll be fine. If someone thinks you're a creep because you're giving them the time of day, well... that says a lot more about them, a.k.a. that bullet you dodged.
Yeah hahaha, I'll keep you updated 😂😂
Anonymous #1
Sooo, quick update. Yeah she didn't say anything, she answered my question lool all that worry for nothing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (94)
52.22%
No (86)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed