The Student Room Group

what is a level biology like

my teachers making me do biology because I'm good at it and failing maths and English so I cant do psychology I don't want to but she kinda made me so I would like to know more about it she also said i can't do business and economics
(edited 3 years ago)
What are your GCSE predicted grades and what are your favourite subjects?
to be honest, i have a 5 in maths and in english a 7 in biology 5 in physics a 5 in chemistry a 6 in computer science a 4 in re a 6 in food tech and a 6 in business studies and i dont really like any of them
Original post by Tania_loveheart
my teachers making me do biology because I'm good at it and failing maths and English so I cant do psychology I don't want to but she kinda made me so I would like to know more about it she also said i can't do business and economics

A-Level biology is just like GCSE biology just more practical work and more thinking
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
A-Level biology is just like GCSE biology just more practical work and more thinking

ok thank you

to be honest, i have a 5 in maths and in english a 7 in biology 5 in physics a 5 in chemistry a 6 in computer science a 4 in re a 6 in food tech and a 6 in business studies and i dont really like any of them

You only need a 5 in maths to do psychology a level. Do you enjoy biology GCSE? Make sure you choose a level subjects that you enjoy, it’s very important
Honestly, if you did not enjoy GCSE bio your probably going to really dislike A Level Biology. I absolutely loved biology at GCSE but at ALevel it became slightly annoying for some reason. Maybe because there is so much of just plain memorising. Of course, you could go the other way and end up really enjoying ALevel Biology. I would look at some Alevel textbooks and the specification.

Quick Reply