Troubles at work... Help ASAP

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So I just started work yesterday I work at a private nursery doing my modern apprenticeship. We have a new staff member in who has had 10 years experience so I thought it would all be fine. I came into motivated and I was doing well with the kids but she does... Well nothing she doesn't interact with the kids, nor even look at them or talk to them, she doesn't clean up after herself or listen to anyone...

I know she's new but she just shrugs things off and starts talking again to us when we're all trying to concentrate on the kids, I honestly can't concentrate without her talking to me. I try interact with the children and she just starts talking again.

I know this sounds mean but I've ended up doing all the jobs cause she hasnt done them or doesn't look after the children she let 2 children hurt themselves when she just stood and stared.

My roomlead is stressed out cause shes hard work. I don't know what to do at all I've been there a year and a half and I love the kids but if she's not willing to contribute with the team or the children...?

I ended up coming back from work crying today cause I couldn't deal. I need help I know I sound like a horrible person but Im just stressed cause I get left with all the crying babies.

Thank you x
dacb2f2dd4
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Have a chat with your manager about your concerns, and hopefully they can suggest some ways to address the issue initially.
Sounds like in the current situation, it's damaging for both yourself and the children, so I think addressing this informally is the best initial step.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I just started work yesterday I work at a private nursery doing my modern apprenticeship. We have a new staff member in who has had 10 years experience so I thought it would all be fine. I came into motivated and I was doing well with the kids but she does... Well nothing she doesn't interact with the kids, nor even look at them or talk to them, she doesn't clean up after herself or listen to anyone...

I know she's new but she just shrugs things off and starts talking again to us when we're all trying to concentrate on the kids, I honestly can't concentrate without her talking to me. I try interact with the children and she just starts talking again.

I know this sounds mean but I've ended up doing all the jobs cause she hasnt done them or doesn't look after the children she let 2 children hurt themselves when she just stood and stared.

My roomlead is stressed out cause shes hard work. I don't know what to do at all I've been there a year and a half and I love the kids but if she's not willing to contribute with the team or the children...?

I ended up coming back from work crying today cause I couldn't deal. I need help I know I sound like a horrible person but Im just stressed cause I get left with all the crying babies.

Thank you x
You're not a horrible person. You are dealing with an adult child, and an unmotivated loser one at that. Report her to your supervisor and raise your concerns with them, you are not paid to do her job - so don't make that mistake whatever you do!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
You're not a horrible person. You are dealing with an adult child, and an unmotivated loser one at that. Report her to your supervisor and raise your concerns with them, you are not paid to do her job - so don't make that mistake whatever you do!
Very true thank you so much I'll definitely talk to my room lead next week! Thank you reasurring
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Very true thank you so much I'll definitely talk to my room lead next week! Thank you reasurring
If you have an urge to slap her, ignore it, it's not worth it. Wish you all the best.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Just goes to show, 10 years experience counts for Jack **** if you have a snotty attitude and don't do the job you're supposed to do - as per this new fellow non-worker.

Report her behaviour to your supervisor. Including how upset and stressed you are by all this, because the welfare and safety of the choldren is paramount. And she's neglecting this.

She will still be on probation. And the company will be able to get rid of her, legally and ethically with 1 week's notice.

Your managers should either re-recruit for the post or offer it to who they thought was the 2nd best candidate they had for this job.

You are working in an in-demand field. Is your plan to eventually run your own nursery, once you have a bit more experience?
Just look at this episode as all part of the learning experience in your path towards your success in this worthwhile profession.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
If you have an urge to slap her, ignore it, it's not worth it. Wish you all the best.
Oh I've had that urge already😭😂 thank you! You too ☺️
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago

Thank you x
Raise your concerns to your manager.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Just goes to show, 10 years experience counts for Jack **** if you have a snotty attitude and don't do the job you're supposed to do - as per this new fellow non-worker.

Report her behaviour to your supervisor. Including how upset and stressed you are by all this, because the welfare and safety of the choldren is paramount. And she's neglecting this.

She will still be on probation. And the company will be able to get rid of her, legally and ethically with 1 week's notice.

Your managers should either re-recruit for the post or offer it to who they thought was the 2nd best candidate they had for this job.

You are working in an in-demand field. Is your plan to eventually run your own nursery, once you have a bit more experience?
Just look at this episode as all part of the learning experience in your path towards your success in this worthwhile profession.
Thank you! Agreeded! I'm not thinking of running the nursery far too much stress! But honestly I do think it's the best I do report her cause she's making me stressed when she doesn't help me with the children
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (350)
51.93%
No (324)
48.07%

Watched Threads